Click here if you are having website access problems ×

POSSIBLE BULK BUY RACE SEATS!

timbo

Someone spoke with Steve Tillett this morning and discused a possible bulk buy. Seems business at Tillet must be good as he regularly refuses to engage in bulk buy agreements, including this.

Furthermore Mr Tillet told this person told that anyone tooling off his seats as patterns would face likley litigation as they are his IP! (and interestingly Caterham, it was pointed out, have no rights to it!)

Everything previously typed here was speculative and in fact incorrect

Anyway the great Lord is looking at other ways to obtain said Tillet seats at a discounted rate and will be contributing further on this matter by latest next Tuesday.

Edited by - Lord on 12 Jan 2004 10:46:05

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim - thanks for kicking this off and all the effort.

Arnie - I for one am interested in a DITP alternative but I need seats that are wider than the Tillets, especially around the shoulders, but still fit in a standard 7. Are there any other SV-sized seveners out there who still squeze themselves into a standard 7 who are interested in wider-than-Tillet seats? This would also avoid any potential threat of legal action.

Martin

Martin

Red Ticker

I tried speaking to a someone in Germany about this.

Before understanding what I was actually saying he started a personal pi##ing contest. This changed dramatically when he finally understood that we have people waiting in line and that I didn't have to find them first. Following the abuse I am however no longer interested in dealing with that company.

Wouldn't have been anywhere near the price discussed before, anyway.

Sorry, folks, no help.

Good luck !

Tim,

Good effort despite being let down! I am certainly interested in any other bulk buy that could happen.

Having seen responses on this thread, and others, it looks like my decision not to drive to Autosport this weekend was the wrong one ! doh.

Thanks again

Matt.

Correct... Lord.

But here's a proposal that was made but rejected.

Let's assume the middle man wants their cut. Ok so, we deal through the middle man. The middleman negotiates a bulk deal purchase with the supplier, just like any transaction of considerable size. The supplier agrees a preferential discount for that volume. The middleman adds his % and completes the deal with the purchaser(s). The purchaser receives a preferential discount at a price on which they are prepared to conduct business. The purchaser gets their seats, the middleman gets his/her cut & the supplier gets their sale.

Simple business commerce practice.

SV R HORNET cause its all yellow and black

I tried speaking to a someone in Germany about this.

Before understanding what I was actually saying he started a personal pi##ing contest. This changed dramatically when he finally understood that we have people waiting in line and that I didn't have to find them first. Following the abuse I am however no longer interested in dealing with that company.

Wouldn't have been anywhere near the price discussed before, anyway.

Sorry, folks, no help.

Good luck !

*loooooooooooooooooooool* 😬 😬 😬

Tim,

After the way Reverie messed you about and led you up the garden path I think you should f**k them right off!!

They made the business decision not to deal, so I think we should look at a Tillett/Caterham group buy!! There seems to be enough interest.

Reverie made their bed, now they have to lie in it!!

What they may not have considered is that your group buy would have probably sold them more seats in a week than one of their distrubitors sells in a year!! - Unlucky 😬

Caterham are not interested in a bulk buy.

I had a word with God and he said that best price on T(o)illet seats he could get (in Kevlar) would be £446 inc VAT....

Is there any interest at that price??

Lord,

I'm interested in a Kevlar Tillett, the price on the web is £470, with the GRP @ £299.

I also broached Caterham regarding a group buy, as you mention above they moaned on about the tight margins on the seats and the fact that their selling well, but they did mention that they wouldnt rule out a group discount if the numbers were big enough and I was advised to get a rough number & mail back

Is anyone interested? The odds are that most of us will go out and buy these seats anyway so if we can save anything on them (£'s) its better than nothing.

Spec,

Kevlar Tillett - 2.5Kg

GRP Tillett - 3.5Kg

Adjustable Runners - 1.6Kg

Fixed (Passenger Side) - 0.3Kg

Oz, I'll supply you names which amounted to nearly 20K for the Reverie... all be it that some found the tillet too tight and where searching for a larger alternative via Reverie.

I'd be interested in a pair of std leather S type if you looking to set up a bulk buy deal with Caterham ... I am not particularily fussed on the tillet.

I get the feeling this is coming full circle again. 😬 😬 😬

SV R HORNET cause its all yellow and black

Hello Tim,

I have followed this story with facination and from what i can glean it looks like you have been let down despite all your'e hard work. I am very much in need of 2 race seats. I was a fool and ordered the leather ones with my Academy car thinking they would look nice and keep my girl happy. Now realise that I need to sell 2 leather seats and aquire 2 race seats.

What is the current state of play? I am definately interested , and as I'm off to C.Coombe on the 14th Feb,sooner rather than later. Could you drop me a note and let me know what's happening.

Thanks

Fabian

Fabian, I was on the list for 2 race seats, but I considered leather.

Let me know what you're thinking price wise for your seats?

However, tillets were my original choice before all this started so unless they're going to be cheaper then I'll stick with my quest for Tillets.

Oh and Tim, good try on Reverie. It's been said before in this thread Thanks for following this through.

Regards

Graham