Click here if you are having website access problems ×

If you had your time over what would you do

I.Mupferit

A friend of mine is a BA Captain on 777's and is due to retire in 3 months on a very handsome pension. *thumbup* It just set me thinking that as a spotty youth, in the 60's, it had also been my ambition to become an airline pilot but, alas, something went awry along the way. *confused*

Given your time over, and with the benefit of hindsight, what career would you now choose 🤔

Err...quality tester in a Harem maybe 🤔 😬

or..............

Advent calandar choccy for the best answer 😬

Brent

Zetec

I'd actually do something which is worse paid *confused* If I had my time over I would have studied history and gone on to be a curator of an obscure collection of tudor manuscripts *smile*

I wouldn't change meeting and marrying Michael, nor would I change our Caterham and the many trips and events we have done in her *cool*

Tam

Edited by - Tam on 2 Dec 2003 10:12:58

Hoopy, what are you saying man 🤔 I know a very good therapist for what ails you. *thumbup*

Repeat after me.......

Men do NOT like furniture shopping.

Men do NOT like furniture shopping.

Brent

Zetec

That's ok though Rachael 'cos, like you, they are the girls that probably like cars and beer ..........ergo, one of the boys *thumbup*

Now Tricia, my nearest and dearest bless her, hates cars BUT loves to shop.............for anything!!!!!!!!!! And it drives me crazy.

She even has a brooch fashioned into the phrase 'BORN TO SHOP'. 😬

So shopping goes into 'Room 101' I'm afraid.

Brent

Zetec

It's easy - Treat shopping like an adventure.

As in "We're going to hunt the shopping monster"

And make it fun!

Annoy the kids who are dragged along by their parents (it's a shop, not a bloddy playground)

Annoy the shop staff who come and say "can i help you" -

"yes - give me that widget for less than half marked price - and show me the manual that goes with the very difficult looking remote control" /etc.

You can't measure safe driving in miles per hour (or kph if you're pedantic)

Ah yes, but as Michael points out to me, whilst its all well and good to have a girl who can do an oil and filter change and understands why sport on the telly is worth watching, they rarely wear skirts, heels or makeup and never have any fingernails *tongue* Or maybe that's just me *confused*