Click here if you are having website access problems ×

swindon mag cam-cover for VXs

Marius

Rumours say that Swindon still has some unmachined cam-covers from their F3 & toca engines on stock, Vauxhall 2 litre 16V XE. However they won´t machine just one but need a batch order to proceed.

Someone else interested in buying one of these ? Depending on price of course. I´ll be at Swindon probably in January and could organize this.

Spiess in Germany do one, too, but it´s not nearly that nice and well made as the Swiondon one is.

Marius

Marius, please let me know the cost. I am certainly interested if they have them

Just see Arnie's post as I was typing.

Many thanks

Anthony

Engine in, oil lines in, now where's the hacksaw to cut the secondaries...

Edited by - Anthony on 2 Dec 2003 08:45:43

Spiess told me that they had to stop producing the mag covers as rule changes considered them being too expensive. FIA forbid them to stop cost explosion. They now do mix alloy/cam covers but the head would need some changes to make them fit.

Paul, please ask.

Marius

Marius, what modifications would need doing to the head, if this is to drastic then it does not warrant the cost in my opinion 🤔 seeing that some people are running with machined covers already, each person would have different modifications to make also perhaps ? Are we talking fitment to both Coscast ad GM head ?

Dave Kimberley is running one of the Swindon cam covers, I´m sure he might be able to tell us what changes to the head might occure. If I remember correctly his swindon cover fitted without major modifications. The Spiess one is totally different though, I´ll post a picture later today.

What about thistype in carbon ?http://www.race-cars.com/engsales/other/1059603149/1059603149pa.htm

Is that a tensioner which is bolted to the cover ?

Also-http://www.race-cars.com/engsales/other/1059603149/1059603149pp.htm

Founder Member of The Twisted Prop Club.

Edited by - Peter T on 4 Dec 2003 11:13:32

Hi Marius

When i enquired about the cam covers originally i was quoted nearly 1k for a new cover *eek*

The head does not use a dist mounting so this has to be machined off to provide a flat surface level with the back of the cam cover.

You can then buy the cast swindon cover plate *eek* or make your own to cover the holes.

It does not use a gasket or need to be dowelled to the head that i can see.

They are also different depending on if it is a reverse head engine so it has to be off an early spec engine.

Good point is that it weighes 1.5kgs.

Finally can you all bugger off and find your own one off item to fit to your 7 as mine looks fine as it is *tongue*

This CF one looks fantastic, and I have just brought CF plug cover for the SBD cam cover ☹️

Marius, look forward to hearing of your discussions

Best regards

Anthony

Engine in, oil lines in, now where's the hacksaw to cut the secondaries...