Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Johns Old Goat?

owelly

So. To Coooooooooooosey and mr J. The Johns Old Goat Challenge is on?

C90's seem a reasonable choice of steed to ensure maximum tedium.

Stella also seems to be a fairly safe bet for fuelling the charioteers.

Pasties are an excellent form of nutrients to help soak up the liquid energy source (or should that be sauce?).

So far so good BUT can we have proper bo pasties and not Ginsters? *wink*

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...

Think of the adventure as an onion, with lots of layers to uncover, and each one likely to make you cry 😬

During the first layer; We must make good time, be fleet of foot amongst the wild celts, and drink only *One* beer each. Through the barren wastes of Northern Scotland we shall eat only Haggis, tatties and neeps, and Ross shall appear to lead us to a battered, deep fried Mars Bar shop.

( Err, Miss FH... Puntuation training required....{The Mars Bar is battered, not the shop})

😳

But....What can befall the adventurous travellers on layer two? From Loch Lomond to the southern Lakes 🤔

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

Mr Jackson,

Firstly, you have a problem with Ross... *tongue*

... and Ross shall appear to lead us (ambiguous - Is Ross going to appear in a puff of smoke? Is Ross going to feign leading us?) Having decided that Ross is indeed capable of leading this motley band hither and thither, *wink* he will lead said group to the shop selling battered, deep-fried Mars Bars, *tongue*

Could someone please pass a bucket? The thought of said item of food is mekkin' I feel sick *eek*

FH *cool*

😬

And that's just day one's Highland Staples *eek*

We've got the Scotch Pies, tattie scones, white puddin' and flat sossiges of Dumfries and Galloway on day two; with Cumberland Sausage 'n Mash for Dinner in the Lakes.

And on day / layer two....

We're allowed *two* drinks each *arrowup*

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

Glorious as it is, Pie n' pint is just a bit too universal for any one place to claim it as it's own (OK except Wigan, Denby Dale and Melton Mowbray *tongue*).

We shall of course be sampling the pie n' pints in all areas as a type of 'experiment control' to ensure the local specialities are tested in comparison with a known datum.

I guess Cheshire has it's own cheese, but under EU directive No. 23456567 it's probably made at a factory in Milton Keynes *smile*

Mark

Look it's Mavis here and Jubilee 7 here

There was a man on the radio this morning advocating governmental support for eccentricity, proposing a grant to be paid to a local eccentric in every town and village.

I thought of owelly immediately. Anyone who can call someone a "stupid flange" and invent the word "flappabat" deserves state assistance in his noble endeavours. *thumbup*