Click here if you are having website access problems ×

YIP YIP YIPPEEEEEEE

Ballast

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long did the exit take
Not long at all, as we realised that something extreme was required. It was before I'd learned how to drive off cliffs (which would have dome the trick, I think) so we ended up deciding to exploit the Mav Certainty Principal, which states that "No pie which Mav can see shall remain uneaten". We put a pie just out of Mav's reach, but within visual range. His little nose twitched, his eyes went wide and shiney, the corners of his mouth turned up in a smile, and then suddenly he was several feet away from the car, eating pie. Clearly, when sufficiently provked, Mav is capable of teleportation 😬

Caterham 21 VHPD aka... the Caterham Nippy Truck

Ballast, good morning *biggrin* Performance vaulting is something I have been advocating for a while now. It is particularly good exercise for those amongst us who do little in the way of living a healthy lifestyle 😳 Remembering to keep the knees together mid vault is particularly good for certain muscles *eek* (or so I'm told) *tongue*

As with driving, balance is the key to it all. Knowing when to turn in and when to re-apply the power of the thrust is all important *wink* If you are using a pole rather than a bar, make sure you assess your apex - each bend is different. Similarly, when completing the exercise, you need to brake smoothly. Accurate braking allows you to be precise in how you finish the manoeuvre - with the correct speed of approach, beside, rather than in the gear and with both feet in the finishing position.

Having the hood down makes all of the above much easier.

Hirsute Hugh

HH.... 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬....ahhh I now understand where I am going wrong...but the problem is I still can do it... *confused* Oh well have many happy Vaulting years left to work it all out *cool*

Powderpuff....I think the less you say about liking tarts the better *eek* *eek*...perhaps you'd better learn to may nice pies instead to keep your mind off tarts!!!

Bx

Caterham 21 1.8K 😬 😬

(R351 BMX...soon to be K8 XTC) 😬

On On.... 😬....maybe it'll be a new years resolution for me *smile*

Not looking forward to the circle when I come back....then again I think I'll deserve a down down or 2 for staying away so long *eek*

Will you and Mo be at the Xmas do next wednesday?

The name's Puff, Powder Puff

N7XTC

I might just be able to make next Wednesday. I've just heard that I shall be moving back to working in Warrington instead of Bath, so getting back to Warwickshire in time might just be possible. I don't know which county Mo will be in. She's currently on Tyneside.

Many of ours are going to InterHash in Cardiff next summer. More than 4000 on a run sounds crazy fun!! Want to join us?

What's this word "fit"? It's not a term I recognize.

Interhash costs rise by the month, so if you're going to go, make the decision quickly.

See http://www.ih2004.com/ for more info.

So far Blazing Saddles, Grandma Dyson, Mega Mouth, Skidmarks, House, Simple, Vacant, Cleavage, Rug Rat, Papadum, Gardner, Clog Dancer, Smeghead, Pot Belly, Little Big Horn, Mounted, Split Ends and I are listed.

Is Ballast sufficiently insane?

There's Red Dress Run on the Thursday, which might appeal to you!

I only do one type of running...no two types....we'll actually running is a bit too ambitious for what I do - it is more like an ambly-jog....and that is if I am just about to miss a train or if I am desperate for the little girls room... *tongue*

Otherwise....I do very good strolling...and excellent sitting.... 😬 😬

I used to be able to drink alcoholic beverages very well *eek*....but unfortunately driving and drinking alcohol are mutually exclusive...and therefore I am now rubbish at it....I have a tendancy to go to sleep 😳 Useless....

Bx

Caterham 21 1.8K 😬 😬

(R351 BMX...soon to be K8 XTC) 😬