Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Flared wing fettling

John E

Two questions

Can the later front repeaters with through wing/stay fixings be used on a 1990 live axle car. I appreciate that the later stays have a sort of flange at the end but my current stays would allow the repeater to be fitted but slightly higher up on the wing.

Are there two different sizes (heights) of rear wing stone guards. If so can the larger (higher) type be fitted to the same vehicle.

Can't help with the first bit as I removed mine. Re the stone guards yes there are two sizes. The later ones won't fit the 1990 car as they are taller & narrower and will leave a row of holes, meaning new wings, or a major GRP repair.

There is some doubt as to the availability of the earlier stone guards.( See earlier threads. ) I have rang Caterham about four times in the last six months to enquire if the earlier ones are available even quoting the part number and they say no they are not, yet other Blatchatters have rang them and yes they have been available, so its not clear. Give them a call and find out. If you cannot get them I had a few sets made last year. I think I sold the last pair a week ago but I could check in the shed to see if I have any left that I have missed.