Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VBH at NE7er's snogging Emma

Tyrone

Ah, well. The European Badger, badger, badger, badger, etc. goes by the name Meles meles or perhaps Meles, meles, meles, meles... well, you get the idea, I'm sure. So I suppose the adjective ought to be "meline". Doesn't sound right though. How about "badgeral", "badgerous" or "badgersome"... 🤔

Found the following on the interweb-thingy about ( ☹️) badgercide

The Protection of Badgers Act 1992 makes it an offence to kill, injure or take a badger, or attempt to do any of these things.

The 1992 Act allows for a number of exemptions, including the killing of a badger as 'an act of mercy'.

Section 6 (b) of the Act states:

6. A person is not guilty of an offence under this Act by reason only of-

(b) killing or attempting to kill a badger which appears to be so seriously injured or in such a condition that to kill it would be an act of mercy;

Also
[...] Since the early 1970s, badgers have been blamed for infecting cattle with bovine TB (bTB) and over 30,000 badgers have been killed by the Government. But there is no conclusive proof of a link and most badgers are not even infected with bTB. Killing badgers has failed and bTB is increasing in cattle.
and
[...] It is impossible to tell simply by looking at a badger whether:

a) it is infected with bovine TB;

b) it is infectious with bovine TB; or,

c) bovine TB is seriously affecting the animal's health.

😳 badgers forever...

Edited by - MisterToad on 1 Dec 2003 18:01:45

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...] It is impossible to tell simply by looking at a badger whether:

a) it is infected with bovine TB;

b) it is infectious with bovine TB; or,

c) bovine TB is seriously affecting the animal's health.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

☹️

And even more difficult on the Archers, 'cos you can't actually see them *wink*

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

MJ:

None of them are as bad as the the one on 'The Archers'.

"Ooooh noooh!" *tongue* - Yes, really annoying - "Dead Ringers" (on R4) do a really good take-off, though...

Anyhoo what is to 'Badger' that Bovine is to Cow

According to http://www.megafoundation.org/UltraHIQ/HIQNews/Word_of_the_Day.html:

11/4/2002: musteline - pertaining to (d) badgers

..although it seems to be a generic term, relating to any member of the family Mustelidae.

(IGMC)

Cheers,

Mark

😬 *cool* 1800 K-Series - S777 DMH *cool* 😬

*arrowright* *arrowright* Mundane-o - J777 DMH - if it's raining *arrowleft* *arrowleft*

*arrowright*Here's my blog *arrowleft*

Unfortunately (for you guys) it is only etched on my memory. PP was hot, her face was flush from the burning fire of lust she felt for VBH. VBH was cold as demonstrated by her characteristically prominent thumbs. Mutually, they concluded that one could cool the other, while the other could of course be warming her. Like this they lingered in an embrace reminiscent of Deborah Kerr and Burt Reynolds on the beach in Hawaii, except this was Chester le Street on a bitter night in November. Still you get the picture, eh 🤔