Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Mirrors

Maccers

I believe there was someone advertising some clip on (to the door hinges) types in LF magazine...

But I've got a pair of Racetech mirrors.

Despite the reservations of others, the quality isn't that bad (not perfect, but not bad) and mine don't vibrate in the slightest (they're much, much better than the std. door mirrors and solid as a rock).

To fit these (or the SPA ones) you'd need to drill the windscreen stanchion (Racetech ones only need one hole, I think SPA need two). With the Racetech ones I also found I needed to space them with washers so that the door cleared the mirror stem properly when using the doors. This doesn't look half as nasty as I thought it would, and actually looks pretty much like it should be like that!

I bought the convex types from:

http://www.raceparts.co.uk/racetech/index.htm

The two advanatges are that the lenses are glass (not plastic) and you get a fantastic field of view. The down side is that the view is a bit odd and takes a bit of getting used to.

They cost about 55GBP for 2 mirrors incl. VAT and delivery...and I think they look the nuts.

Note that you have to take care getting out of the car with fixed mirrors like this - the doors now only open 90deg. But you get used to it.

C7 AJM

Contact details for you:

SEVEN ACCESSORIES

2 Clovelly Road, Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester M21 8XU

Tel: 0161-8810603 Fax: 0161-7188062

ricklongden [ricklongden@netscapeonline.co.uk]

Method of attachment:

The mirrors do not 'hang' from the hinges ...... the main point of support is in fact the windscreen pillar. The stainless steel pin which passes through both hinge brackets and the mirror baseplate merely secure it into position

Edited by - Jace on 23 Mar 2001 16:42:23

Tony,

If you contact Rick Longden, then he can send/e-mail a pamphlet which shows the mirrors. I bought a pair and they are great. It may not please the purists, but they do make life a lot safer.

Tarek

• 2 weeks later...

My set of windscreen attachment mirrors have just arrived from Rick (SevenAccessories). I will put a posty up once I have installed them and let you know my thoughts.

Having only stuck my nose in the box they arrived in, I must say that they look rather nice smile.gif Not as small as the SPA/Racetech ones, but seeing that I want to be able to take them on/off (in seconds) for when on track, £55 for the pair (custom fit for a seven too) sounds like bargain.

John.