Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack ST500M tacho timer

cmilner

i just don't 'get' the new roadsport regs ' - the 2003 regs (and eligable cars) weren't broken, and didn't need fixing. plain old meddling! everybody seems to be asking 'what's the point?' - especially when people like cmilner have to sell expensive parts. pants *mad*

- WillF -

--- www.TeamTool.co.uk ---

Nathan you are mistaken my friend - read the 2003 regs - laptiming with this expensive, actually pretty cool and now for me bloody useless bit of kit was a legal and a useful upgrade.

Datalogging was not allowed ie no full stack dash

The RSB new move to "Standard Caterham Instrumentation" , a regressive step for no reason I understand, has put a stop to it and is V annoying!

The regs were changed from '02 to '03 which removed the option of fitting a Stack dash with the full data logging capabilites like RSA. The only legal option in '03 was the ST500.

This was at the request of the guys going into the '03 season to reduce costs. Which is pretty silly really as the Stack system was OPTIONAL. The ST500 is pretty cool, but you cant upgrade it like you can the dash so if you want data logging or performance monitoring (or even video logging now !!!) you have to throw it away and spend the same again on the basic dash.

Why was it removed this year? Well I think that with the introduction of the Roadsport Inter class they wanted to minmise what you could change in RSB and give the Inters the option of fitting all the kit.

You could always splash out on a wide track and come race in RSI Chris 😬

Evening Mr C *wink*

I'd love to know where that rumour came from 😳 *eek*

Nope, my car is being upgraded to A-spec as we speak.

I won't be racing for most of next year though, just some testing, etc - maybe the odd race towards the end of the year. I'll then do a full season of RSA the following year.

What have you decided?

>

Pat and his not quite black and white cat