Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tootley-toot

Myles

Hmmm. Bit of trumpet blowing 😳

Spent yesterday on one of these 'Ultimate days' events - rallying. Started off with group N ex-recce Hyundai coupes which were a bit pants due to being fwd etc.

In the afternoon, moved into proper 280+hp Mitsubishi Evos (proper-job inside, all custom carbon and with all the trip meters, flicky switches etc.) Much more like it and I really got into the swing of it - the instructor seemed really pleased with my car control and lines etc. *biggrin*

In the final session, the car was oversteering heavily on left-handers - and I mentioned this to my instructor as we drove around - he just said 'yup, but you're catching it OK aren't you...'.

Got back to service and before getting out of the car my instructor asked what I'd done in the past - just a tiny bit of karting and a single track day. He then said that he'd only instructed one other person who was better than me (initially I thought he meant on that day...) - and that person was Colin McCraes protege (Chris Meek???) I did suggest that if he could find me sponsorship...

*eek*

...and then, one of the pit crew asked me to move the car into service because the RR - not LR tire had completely deflated and was coming off the rim... (explains the L-hander extreme oversteer). I'd done at least two laps like that - both of which included a 120mph straight... *eek* *eek*

Excellent - don't know what to make/do with the instructors comment though...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Edited by - Myles on 24 Nov 2003 16:34:30

I agree, you are not worthy *wink*

Yep - 'twas nice. Even the two-hour drive back at night in the rain with aeroscreens and a helmet behind idiot Sunday-drivers didn't 'dampen' the warm glow *biggrin*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

You need to pop into one of our local forreset, forrestry, ferretry, places with trees with a knacked RWD car. The tracks go on forever and when the car does eventually fall over you drag it to the scrappies and get £30 for it. Its the best time of year for it cos there int many 'makers to run over. 😬

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...