Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Are A021Rs directional ??

Pelico

Mine have rows of arrows moulded into the sidewall.

I seem to remember Peter C saying that it's "possible" to use them rotating in either direction though - probably worth a search in the archive 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 24 Nov 2003 11:21:27

From memory - if you are using them on the track and demand 100% from them - reverse the front pair to run backwards. The tread in non-directional but the carcass is marginally.

For road use (especially for MOTs) put them on with the arrows pointing the 'correct' way.

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

• Leadership Team

Yes, they are clearly marked. It's worth a search through the archives as this has created quite a lot of discussion in the past. The concensus (backed up by a brochure from Yoko that I now cannot find) is that for rer wheel drive cars, the rear tyres go on the "right way" in relation to the directional arrows, and the front ones go on the "wrong" way.

Regards,

Michael.

Gosh. Thanks everyone, I did not realise that this was a past hot topic. A quick scan of the archives suggests that the rears go on the right way round (main stress is acceleration) but the fronts go backwards (the main stress is braking)

Although the consensus seemed to be that in normal road use the difference would be small.

L811 VTR BRG/Yellow SuperSport

Edited by - Pelico on 24 Nov 2003 11:57:32

I thought it was the carcass construction is better suited in one direction to take account of loading - drive at rear and braking at front hence opposite directions. Most directional tread patterns will be for rain clearing - dangerous to put these reversed if you venture out in the rain standing water. The small possible benefit of a better suited carcass will be lost when you aquaplane off the road track!

AFAIK 21s have a non-directional 'pattern' so you can bias them for the carcass if you wish with little effect on water clearing properties.

PACR