Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harewood Dates & Technical Forum

Silver 21

Harewood have come back and said the only possible dates available are the weekend 3/4 July or the 18th September.

The 3/4 July date would be better but it looks like its a 2 day event, practice Saturday, compete on Sunday although I am waiting for clarification of this, any views on this (once I get a reply from Graham Wride I'll let you all know)

Technical Forum Saturday 28th February 2004,SHRMF , Paulerspury, Northants, 10.30 - Whenever but ideally by 3ish.

Discussions regarding regs for 2005 season but a general intro to sprinting day as well, so if you've got technical queries regarding changes to MSA regs etc they can be aired at this meeting.

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* How many events for 2004?????? *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 23 Nov 2003 17:13:55

• Area Representative

Graham,

both the Harewood dates make for a very busy periods, with the July date two weeks after Curborough and the week before Loton Park.

The September date would mean events on four consecutive weekends!

I could do the September event (the trip to Wiscombe wasn't on for me anyway), but I'm scheduled to work both of the July days!

The June date had looked good on my schedule ☹️

IIRC harewood usually gives 5 runs anyway - 2 practice and 3 timed. Oh, and the course is good and long for a hillclimb, and even starts downhill!

Personally I don't care when the Harewood event is on - I'm going to do my utmost to compete there. A hillclimb oop north! Bliss! 😬

N111AOW is now running as it should be! 159.1 bhp according to the rolling road print (yes, I know rolling road figures have to be taken with a pinch of salt...)

I would agree with Richard. Making Harewood a September fixture will give a very unbalanced feel to the season. Even the July date makes for three events in four weeks but I suppose this is preferable. However, a two day event so far north *eek* will probably mean travelling on Friday and Monday which is going to eat into a limited holiday entitlement.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

The July Harewood will be a National round, but there are always at least three practice runs on Saturday, one more on Sunday morning, and then two timed runs. In the event of the event running smoothly it's not unknown to get more runs on Saturday. There's usually some form of barbeque/disco thing in the club house on the Saturday evening. A good weekend can be had.

Paul

Graham

Will be at the tech forum / intro day in Feb.

I'm going to have to fit in whatever so no preferences on any dates for Harewood, I'll just see what I can make. I want to try and take the AEMC class title for a third year so it's going to make L7C Class 2 hard work again. At least, that's the plan atm!!

Oh, any further thoughts about getting my name spelled correctly on the trophy please?

Have a good Xmas and new year if not in touch before.

Cheers

Guy

NN 😳

Mike

In the car is the one and only place in life where I can be truly in (or out of but it's entirely my choice) control. *eek*

Everything else, especially my diary, is in a constant state of flux! 😬

The one thing that won't change is doing my utmost to beat you all (cackle!) *wink*

Guy

NN 😳