Click here if you are having website access problems ×

NTL Photos - Similar Session For N.West / West Mids Owners?

Nick Chan

• Area Representative

As posted on Blatchat :

Seeing the excellent NTL photographs in this month’s Low Flying reminded me that this was something I fancied doing with my car but unfortunately a) my car was over 200 miles away and b) I was on holiday in France at the time. However, for anyone in the West Midlands or North West area, I remembered that there is a professional photographer in Stoke-on-Trent that is prepared to offer a similar in-house studio if anyone is interested.

Paulo Loraso Photography usually charges an initial £25 for the setting up of the session with additional charges for each photograph taken away. However, if we can get at least 5 cars on the same day, he will waive the setting up fee and charge us a discounted price for the photo’s as well.

For each framed pic, the prices are :

10” x 8” £25

12” x 8 £35

18” x 12” £50

Poster sized prints are also available at photographic quality and these will start at £50. Size-wise, the posters are a maximum 2 foot high but can be any length you want – the largest he has produced is 9 foot long with two cars end to end.

As the images are digital, like the Kent session, minor (or major!) blemishes can easily be removed. The studio background is white but if another colour suits your car better, this will be added digitally at the time as well. If you don’t like the photo’s then you are under no pressure to purchase and there is no charge.

To make sure NTL still benefits, I thought it a good idea to effectively pass over the setting up fee of £5 per car. If we get more than 5 cars, NTL will benefit a bit more too.

In addition, Paul has also offered a model if anyone wants to see their car adorned with a scantily clad young lady! Apparently this is quite popular… Models charge at about £40 per hour but usually there is a minimum 2 hour booking to make it worth their while. A half day (4 hours) booking does come down to £120 whilst a full day (8 hours) is £200. Not too sure how this will look on the lounge wall but could be interesting for the study or garage

Paul reckons on 4 cars per hour and we could arrange it for a Sunday opening.

I have no connection to Paulo at all but thought this was an excellent opportunity for any other keen owner to benefit from a professional photography session with images similar to the superb Low Flying ones and for NTL to have more funds as well.

If anyone else is interested can they drop me an email nick.chan@btopenworld.com and I’ll gauge numbers to see if this a worthwhile suggestion.

Cheers

Nick

Any takers?

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬