Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Halfrauds Miracle

Gridgway

I went into the H place today to get some bearing/stud lock. I walked in and stared round bemusedly trying to work out where to go. Within seconds an assistant came up, asked me what I wanted and directed me to exactly the right part of the store where they had exactly what I wanted!

This is in direct contrast to my local Subaru dealer who won the JD Power service award 3 or 4 years on the trot. They have been appalling at calling me back for the last couple of weeks. I went in today and asked to see the boss. I was told he wasn't in and asked what I wanted. When I said I wanted to have a moan as the service was so poor, the assistant said, "oh , you'll have to come in or phone on monday." No attempt to take my name, be interested, try to help...nuffink.

So Halfrauds good, Subaru bad!

Graham

There is a guy at Chester Halfords who was building a Robin Hood. Don't remember his name, he's also over 30 years old too (God knows how he got a job there being that old!) and is one of the most helpful knowlegable guys there. *thumbup*

Praise where it's deserved.

Philip. D. Owen

Membership No. 3976

And I was about to start a thread in praise of Halfords in Amersham The guy there was all set to look up what type of gearbox oil I need and new how much brake fluid it takes to fill a system *thumbup*

P.S. checkout girl was gorgeous *tongue*

Looking forward to being back on the road

Credit where it's due, a lot of these places have idiots there but there are some good guys. I have a pub mate who works in Comet and he recetly gave me chapter and verse on a £10 toaster which I bought. It was bloody good advice on one of the cheapest things in the shop. Now I can understand a bloke taking an interest in tellies, videos or hifis but someone who is bothered to sort out the differences between cheap crappy white plastic toasters in order to deliver the customer with the right thing deserves a pat on the back.

No, I don't know why he's not running the place either in view of the general quality of employee but there you go. I suspect he doesn't want all the hassle.