Click here if you are having website access problems ×

caterham sourcing parts

asbp

Dear Antonio

I Live on a small Island and one of the first thinks that i lernd was that everithing what first sounds really good dident work in a small comunity like in a big Country , I call it the Boomerang efect.

Now start Thinking 😳 *eek*

Kasi *smile* *thumbup*

Hold on

Anyone involved in the car industry will know that manufacture of cars is a loss maker and the only way manufactures/dealers make money is parts and service. In a typical mainstream dealer 70% of the revenue comes from service/parts.

I am not sure that this holds true for Caterham, but I would suspect that the parts and service would makeup a large proportion of the income of the company, and I would imagine Caterham Cars could not survive on car sales alone. So if we all turned our backs on them and sources our spares from other places would this not be cutting our noses off to spite our faces? And if Caterham Cars went to the wall, how long before Arch Motors did the same?

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

There are a lot of bits in a modern Caterham that are produced just for them and are not intended for another car.

6 speed is just one item you can't source from elsewhere.

BTW I am not one of those who thinks we should always have the right to buy all the bits direct afterall if Caterham makes money on this side of operations then it will keep going for longer! *thumbup*

No worries.. you pay double for Fluids /Disposables and Sundries. I prefer not to :-)

Perhaps you could Tithe to Cat .. just to ensure their laughably inefficient Management continues unchanged... in case you need to buy more Sundries in the Future.