Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Useless Worn Tyres

Out Run

Anyone know where I can get a set of worn tyres for my R500. The more slippy the better as I am going drifting.

On a seperate note, does anyone else go drifting and have any stories to tell?

Edited to reflect subsequent posts

Edited by - Out Run on 21 Nov 2003 12:28:58

For drifting I presume you want something really hard and wooden so that it goes as sideways as possible as soon as possible. Will you change all 4 or just the rears? If it's power oversteer then I guess only need to change the rears. If you use the above to flick the whole car sideways then get 4 wheel drifts then I guess you'll want to change all 4.

Two things spring to mind. Find someone from the academy who's upgrading to roadsports next year, they'll have sets of CR322 wooden Avons for sale which are abysmal, zero grip and last forever. They should be hilarious on a R500.

Alternatively find someone who's upgraded from the 16" michelin nevergrip or pilots to some decent 13" tyres and grab his old wheels and tyres. They're almost as bad as the Avons.

Good point occifer, the objective is indeed to get all 4 wheels drifting so I should most likely look for a full set of worn spares.

I have put a call in to Count after his kind offer, in the meantime I will start rummaging (I dunno where) for the said CR322s, which sound fantastically useless.

Out Run sorts out the commited from the enthusiast