Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

VVC/ emerald wiring

tiddy1

Can anyone give me the pin out details for the 2 VVC ECU connectors, I am considering fitting an emerald and I have a 1.8K loom but it will not mate with my VVC injection loom or the caterham loom so the only option seems to be to cut the ECU connectors off both looms, strip out all the un necessary wires

( solenoid, sensors etc) and then re wire into the 1.8 mems connector.

I have a full pin out for the emerald/1.8 ecu connector but not for the 2 VVC connectors, It may therefore be a long job bnuzzing out each wire.

Also can the pins from the ecu connectors be removed or will I have to splice the wires? or can I get new ECU connectors?

Simon

Simon,

Yes the pins can be removed, and yes you can buy the pins, I got a couple off Emerald but I am sure they will tell where you can get them if they cannot supply. To get the pins out you need to make a tool, I used the thin SSteel strip out of an old wiper blade to make a thin strip with a slight bend/set on on one end this can be slid down the connector and release the locking tab on the pin, the pin will then pull out.

Have you considered the possibility of making an adaptor to go between Emerald ECU plug and legacy Rover loom plug?

I went this route as I found it less nerve-wracking to know I could just plug in the old MEMs if it all went horribly wrong...

C

Charlie'n'Kermit

The plan is: There is no plan

S5EVN

Charlie

The emerald is plug compatable with the MEMS but not the VVC so once I have removed the VVC mech and all its ascoiated wires then the VVC ecu will no longer be able to control the system, i.e there is no going back.

It would be possible if I knew where to get the mating connectors from?

Simon