Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Change lights

jpotter

Weber Alpha do a super little sequencial shift light for under 50 quid. It is simplicity to install as there are only three connections which can be taken off the back of the revcounter having run the cable under the edge of the scuttle. The unit has a half revs set facility which allows you to set your lights at half revs, then flick a switch and what you have set will be doubled. I am delighted with mine.

After the helpful advice I was given in my earlier thread I decided to be extravagant and shelled out for the ACES shift lights. Julian Adams was most helpful on the phone and the unit arrived the next day with a L7C discount and a nifty Caterham mounting bracket.

I know it's a lot more expensive than the Weber lights but it is a very tempting (and useful...) bit of kit.

Couldn't you just take the shift light you have and mount it in a tube on top of the scuttle? If you wanted something brighter you could even buy a brighter bulb? Would certainly be the cheapest option (the hole in the dash could be used for another light, perhaps low oil pressure or something?).

I've got mine mounted this way (here) and it works really well (though mine's attached to a Stack dash - could be another option smile.gif. After trading in your old instruments etc. etc. it gets easier to justify to yourself! - I don't see why it wouldn't work with the std. item).

C7 AJM

True.

I set mine a hundred revs or so short of the limiter which gives me just enough time to get the next gear as the limiter's about to come in. I can adjust this to suit as dementia sets in etc. (i.e. I'll set it 1k revs before the limit) which is one (big) advantage of aftermarket shift lights (that they're adjustable, not that they can account for my dementia)...

C7 AJM