Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What is blatchat coming to?

simonbell

I followed this last night (but only after a tip-off from someone else I spoke to who reads this forum) and was entertained.......but only in a sub-consciously perverse way that you'd look at a road accident. You really wish someone had paid more attention to what they were doing before acting.....then the situation escalates out of control.....then the horror unfolds and someone becomes upset at what's been said/done.....and everyone has to have a look as they go past (or view in this case - there were over 2200 views as of last night after about 36 hours of the thread being opened (and subsequently closed)).

So after a brief sabbatical upstairs where, like the boy at school who won't admit to writing "teacher is a w****r" on the blackboard, the odd bad apple has spoilt it for everyone else, I'm back for some intelligent conversation. Yes I know I'm still probably in the wrong place but it can't be any worse than *arrowup*

RW04FUN

1400K....and it's down to the last fortnight....

apparently not any longer. appears to be run by folks scared of the legal implications of what the club has grown into.

i'm aware that they're afraid of a number of things from phone call conversations i've had with some very long term members.

*mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Edited by - Steve-B on 15 Nov 2003 17:51:15

I'm scared of spiders, is that one of the things theyre scared of?

edited to add other things I'm scared of:

syringes and needles (specially if they go near your eye)

badgers

really big cows

nettles

and

mav

Edited by - Buda on 15 Nov 2003 19:12:43

Careful people. You really ought to speak with your AO's before you comment on this. That's what they are there for. Emails about this decision don't always come across right. There was a pretty reasoned discussion about this today, even though a few of us didn't agree with the decision.

There are a number of reasons for limiting BC to members, none of which I personally subscribe to (and I expressed that opinion today). However, all bar one of the Team believe it is the way forward.

Now, how many members of the L7 club make up the 4500 people on this site? An estimate today is about 20% which is coincidentally the same percentage of people at the AO's meeting who disagreed with this decision and ALL of those people were members of the club. That is a disappointingly small number *thumbdown* but it shows that the vocal amongst us (us) are in the minority.

It has become obvious that , like it or not (and I don't), the vast majority of members want the club JUST to talk about Lotus and Caterham 7's and only for those who are paid-up members.

In some ways I can understand this but it saddens me that Barry's hard work will be reduced to a pale reflection of the glory it is now. However it is inevitable. Who knows, maybe the Se7ens List will get more traffic??

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

V7 - as far as I am concerened, you, and your pontifications, are not welcome here. Want to warn people about being careful, then you know where to do it, Chit Chat.

I come here for a bit of light relief from the crud that is going on elsewhere, so please don't bring all that down here. There are other AO's and people of club importance who understand this, I would ask you to do the same. At least give us one area where we can have a wibble, until the old shed is torn down next year.

Ta very muchly.

Noger

I think all V7 is saying here is lets not get too carried away about the forum going members only......it is a proposal but not necessarily inevitable.

Anyway......you don`t happen to be scared of cows 🤔 *smile*

FOR SALE 1999 Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec