Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Antidote to a crummy day

not a Postman Pat

I used to come here for some guaranteed light relief - an antidote to a crummy day, if you will.

No more ☹️

I don't like anger, abuse, etc etc - life is too short. Can't seem to avoid it now. I think I'll keep my email list of the friends I've made so far, contact them every now and again. You know who you are *thumbup*. Speak soon.

Bye.

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

Don't go Pat ☹️

I was frankly shocked when I read BC yesterday after a few days abroad and I almost cried when I saw similar sentiments rearing their ugly heads in the sheds. I too treasure the light-heartnedness of the sheds and come here for a dose of 😬 after a *mad* 🙆🏻 day

Let's all play nicely - you're it *wink*

Tam

PAT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It'll be OK once everything has blown over. Happens pretty much the same way every year around this time.

I've got a nice bag of sherbert lemons 'ere, you can 'ave 'em if you stay... well some of them anyway.... um, you can have one....... bugger off they're my sweeties.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

EH? Wossapnd?

I have a huge (dodgy looking) tub of sherbert in my kitchen (emptied from two boxes of out of date sherbert dabs) You can all lick a finger and av a dip if it will make fings better?? *smile*

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...

Hello Boonie

No mystery. I've not had any anger, abuse etc directed at me in particular. It just seems that quite a few of the Test Area threads have the same thing as upstairs - for example, Noger being attacked in one of this weekend's Test Area threads. I know he can get up people's noses sometimes >, but he doesn't deserve what he gets thrown at him.

It has now reached the stage that I can't be confident when I open an innocent-looking thread that I won't find that things have turned nasty.

I am already pretty stressed at the moment (just too much work and not enough time, nothing more sinister), I don't need to inflict any more on myself. Angus & Tessa (I think) said upstairs that they don't watch things like Wife Swap, etc, they will not watch people inflict nastiness on others if they have a choice. I am the same.

I'm being melodramatic I know, I'm sure I'll be back at some point, when the hormone levels have dropped. It's just that it doesn't give me any pleasure at the moment.

Hope that makes sense.

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

I'm a little confused too ... the big girls upstairs have got their spandex in a twist but can't see why their miserableness has to scare us lot off .. ...

I wonder what the S.I. unit of miserableness is 🤔 any ideas 🤔

Jelly baby anyone *wink* 🤔

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

Edited to give Pat a hug *thumbup*

Edited by - abirtwisle on 17 Nov 2003 13:14:08

Pat - thanks for the clarification - just had a few moments to look through the threads and blimey *eek*

Hands over entire Beano collection to Pat as a bribe to keep in touch.

Unfortunately work is very hectic and stressful at the moment and will probably be so for a few months so I hope things will calm down as I pop back into the sheds now and again.