Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hour

I.Mupferit

• Area Representative

Backtracking somewhat, and apologies for lack of wibble, but did anyone see Scrapheap Challenge yesterday with the Mini bodyshells used as curling 'stones' ? T'was very good.

The launcher put together by the Royal Navy Engineers used a truck axle, a Morris Minor engine & gearbox and a chain powered conveyer - a work of art.

I'm not one to stereotype but the 'runner-up' machine put together by a team of rozzers comprised a farking great 'ammer - not very subtle, but it did work 😬

Richard

• Area Representative

[tumbleweed finally blown past Brent and distant bells stopped ringing *wink* ]

I've often wondered what they do with all the wacky machines built on SHC. Do you reckon they'd let me take the winning tank off their hands - I'd like to try the Bush/Blair way and persuade a few curmudgeons round these parts to adopt a more positive attitude.

I hate violence and aggression, but I fear it's the only language these bastards will understand *tongue*

R

In general, they get pulled apart.

Wasn't it last weeks where one of the teams re-used a motorbike they'd utilised in an earlier round?

I do wish they'd stop showing snippets of the finished machines at the beginning of the prog though - but I'm past caring about the fact that unique/must have components miraculousy appear at the 11th hour...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻