Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tran-X Straight Cut Type 9 with Vauxhall Bell Housing

Marc_Birtles

As it says.. Five Speed, Type-9 Tran-X straight cut gearbox with alloy ford to Vauxhall bellhousing.

I bought this with the intention of putting a silly XE in my Seven. However I have now been dragged across into the bike engined world so it is surplus to my requirements.

I was told that it has RECENTLY been bult by Tran-X themslves. Looking at the condition of the teeth, I believe that it has.

Any inspection wellcome.

I think it may have a quick-shift mechanism too looking at it.

£600 No offers please, I paid more than this for it!

As of a few weeks (when I have put it all back together) I will also have a 225 BHP Vauxhall XE engine for sale too:

QED Direct to head throttle boddies

MBE management (mapped for cams)

QED 'High Intuder' pistons

Solid followers

QED race valve springs (double)

QED 420 cams

QED vernier pulleys

Ported head (matched to throttle boddies)

Alloy shallow sump

Bronze guides

ARP rod bolts

I am currently rebuilding this as part of my now abondened project. Hence it wil have all new gaskets and seals. Valves and seats re-cut (tripple angled). MINOR skim (This head is NOT bent, warped or porouse, I guarentee it, I just had it done whilst it was in having the seats cut - they only took about a thou off it!), new cam belt, etc.

The engine map is apparently the same for the QED 420 (currently in it) and the QED 450 cams. The engine is therefore ready to run 450 cams (245 BHP) if so wanted since it has been ported (necessary to get the extra power from the 450 cams) -(!)

I will advertise this engine properly some time before Christmas but it would make one hell of a winter upgrade matched with the Tran-X box. (I will be looking for around £2600 for the engine)

Marc Birtles

mjb.welton@tinyworld.co.uk