Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Playtime game...Spot the missing se7en

Morls

I've never seen richard miles's site, so couldn't possibly comment *wink* *cool* 😳 *tongue*

Live axled, no reverse, areo, doorless, etc, etc is the only way to go. His front HiSpec brakes look mighty fine though. Alloy hubs, lightened disks and billet calipers (drool) nice *thumbup* *cool* *wink*

Give me a shout if you are in the Nothwest and fancy a raz 😬 *thumbup*

☹️BB ☹️

*smile*Vorsprung Durch Armco *idea*

Came with a 'blade engine, jetted and flash custom exhaust.

Most of the work was done by a friend of mine who owned the car before me and I got a chance to own her late this summer.

No looking back.

There isn't a car on the road on a good day that can hold a light to her. And the noise you get (both induction bark and exhaust wail) over 7000rpm all the way through to 11000+rpm is just magic.

God I miss my car *mad* ☹️ *smile* 🙆🏻

☹️BB ☹️

I guess that you have seen here then?

And Hoopy, when I get too old to ignore the risk of a side impact I shall be going down the fury road. *wink* *thumbup*

Glad to see that I am at least amongst friends here. Don't think that they would take too kindly to all this o/t talk 'upstairs' 😳 😬

☹️BB ☹️

I guess that you have seen here too then? *cool*

Hoops, sounds like you are the motoring equivilent to Morpheus, destined to find "the one". I thought that she didn't exist and stopped looking *eek* 😬 😳 😬

night all!

☹️BB ☹️

Edited by - Badger Bill on 12 Nov 2003 17:09:16

Peardrop & CN,

Feel free to bombard me with questions on BECs but I'll only know the theory, as I've not driven one yet, despite throwing plenty dough at Mavis in the hope that I've done the right thing.

If you want to show a scientific approach to research, for bonus points from the tutors, it may be worth putting a questionnaire on the Yahoo/groups/bike-engined-cars mailing list and coming up with some proper statistics.

The other thing is... don't copy any text from Car Magazines testing BECs 'cos 90% is complete 🙆🏻. i.e.

"The Fireblade makes 150BHP"The BE horsepower seems to gain 20% when it's in a car *confused*

"The 'compulory' composite seats and aeroscreen obviously make it much more impractical than a CEC" (which *always* have padded leather seats, screen and doors) *confused*

"It has no torque" (although it ha more torque) *confused*

Good luck with the projects, it's the fun bit of being at college (that and the booze and parties and girls and drugs and music anyway).

I did an electric scooter (with home made MOSFET inverter drive) for my HNC and a Minimoto frame for my degree and almost all I remember from the time (acedemia wise) is the stuff that was reinforced by application in my projects.

This lack of memory may have been the drugs tho *eek* 😬

Best to e-mither me with any questions that need an answer assuming the facility here still works.

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

I think we like the look of the last 911 - the 83-89 type. the 964 (89-93) is way more expensive to buy and to own. the 993 (93-98) is very expensive and has a big 🙆🏻. the 996 (98-)needs to be wiped from the face of the planet for an ENOURMOUS UGLY 🙆🏻. more of a [W] *wink*.

The last 911s are also priced for only a tad more than Em's seven and have 230 bhp in a 1200 kg car. ie the peak power to weight is less than a 1.6 KSS but if you add the driver to both its similar. the bigger capacity will make it a bit less peaky and obviously the aerodynamic help *smile*

And I've found the one already

She's called Em

*smile* *smile* *smile* *smile* *smile* *smile* *smile* *smile*

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R