Alloy case for type 9 gearbox

AMMO

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Les.

Gentlemen

I will contact Quaife tomorrow and get them to raise a proforma invoice. With this I can work out what the final figure is including carriage. If you then all send me your cheques I will pay Quaife. With your casing you will receive a copy of the original invoice from Quaife. This is to prove that I am not making any money on the deal. You will be invoiced by Raceco UK for the amount you pay. This is to keep all my books straight and the VAT man happy.

Greg

I will have Quaife send you the cover direct to you when it becomes available. I will do my best to get them to pay for the carriage so you do not incur any additional expense.

If anybody else is interested you have until tomorrow, Monday 17th 10 am, to get the order in. I will not be organising any more bulk buys of type 9 casings as the object of the excercise was simply to get one for myself at the best price.

AMMO

Ammo

I`m going to pass on this one......thanks for the offer though, it is certainly a good deal!

As I`m buying a complete new gearbox it is easier just to get it all together and avoid having to send seperate parts around the country.

FOR SALE 1999 Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

OK Simon

How is the Duratec coming along? I sold my Zetec engine yesterday. This will fund my Duratec. The car is coming off the road at the end of the month. Hopefully back in action by spring time. Twenty five kilos lighter with 25 bhp more. 😬 😬 😬

AMMO

Ammo,

Could you hold off a mo as some people on the seven's mailing list may be interested. Not suggesting for every, but possibly tuesday? I cannot put a mail out today as I use a different email address for that list (lets call it non home 😳) which I can only access mon-fri.

Greg, Q 86 NTM (slow Green XFlow)

Ammo

It` sitting in the garage......no further progress, I`m sitting some exams next week, after that it will be full steam ahead.

I`ve had a few parties interested in my car this week so fingers crossed I`ll have a buyer shortly, then I can order the new one.

I can post a message to se7ens.net now and ask them to reply direct if they want to be part of the deal. I know at least one person who may be interested.

FOR SALE 1999 Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

OK, here goes.

I have received a Pro-forma invoice from Quaife. As there was a bit of a cock-up (they didn’t tell me that a flanged lashaft spindle was required) the discount has been increased to offset this.

So the totals are as follows:

Ali type 9 casing £345.00

Flanged L/S spindle 45.00

£390.00

-20% trade discount 78.00

£312.00

1/5th of £16.00 carriage 3.20

£315.20

VAT @ 17.5% 55.16

Total £370.36

If you are not collecting from Woodbridge you must add £11.75 charge for courier.

Greg must add £54.52 for the cover (£46.40 + VAT).

Get your cheques in ASAP gentlemen. I will need to clear them through my account before I can issue a cheque to Quaife. Quaife will require 7 days for my cheque to clear.

If any of this is unclear, please contact me. 01394 383499.

Amedeo (Ammo) Castellani

AMMO

Manxseven

Address on Raceco website is correct. They only had one cover in stock which they have reserved for Greg. I'd rather not go back to them and get them to change the invoice again if you don't mind. Personally I didn't go for the cover as I would't be surprised if the pressed steel one is lighter (although the ali one does look trick).

I also spoke to BHG this morning who reckon that the ali Quaife casing is stronger than the cast iron one. They have never known one to break. They said that the type 9 can take 220 bhp / ft-lb torque although they have customers with 250 bhp that have not experienced problems.

They do a high helical first (2.83 as opposed to 3.36) which costs £160.00 + VAT, strip and reassemble into new case £110.00 + VAT, oiling mod to gears £20.00 + VAT, gaskets and other bits and pieces that need replacing are extra. The helical box is perfect for road use for me. Nice and quiet as I don't like to be deafened by straight cut gears. I'll be taking my box to them sometime in the future.

AMMO

Ammo

Just to confirm your choice....

I have managed to crack two cast iron type 9 boxes (250 bhp and a vicious gear change style). Since fitting the Quaiffe alloy box with cast lid I have had no further problems (yet...............)

Before I fitted the cast lid I modified it so I could insert a dipstick at the front to check the oil level and can use the new dip stick hole to top up if required. Perhaps Quaiffe can do this for you ?

Ex Chairman Roger