Alloy case for type 9 gearbox

AMMO

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leadership Team

Right, it's just got a lot easier.

Quaife have confirmed that there is no difference in the casings, it's just that they have an optional conversion layshaft which can be bought if anyone needs it. They indicated that they might be willing to throw a few in for cheap/free if required by anyone.

From the previous posts, I am not sure that anyone does actually require this conversion kit. If anyone disagrees with this, please let me know!

As I said before, it looks like the bare castings are now there, and are being readied. If I can get the time off work, and they are ready, I propose to go up to Quaife on Tuesday 16th to pick up my case and take it to BGH. At the same time, I will pick up and deliver yours Simon, and get Luke's lid to be sent on. Andy, if your case is going to be built by BGH, would you like me to deliver it directly to them and save the courier charge, or would you like it to go to you first?

Regards,

Michael.

Michael

I called in with Chris at BGH on Friday.......he has started work on the gears and is expecting the alloy main case.

If you can deliver it then that would be great *thumbup*

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

• 4 weeks later...

BGH have my casing and I'm taking the box (and diff) down on the 14th.

I'm packing up for christmas on the evening of the 9th, Engine and box out on 10th then get stuck into the rewire, rear brakes, cleaning, painting etc. Should all be back running for a nice blat on Christmas day when the roads are empty.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Attention owners who bought these alloy cases.

After my sequential let go, it is now being repared at Quaife, while it was there i took along my new alloy case that was a bulk buy back here.

There was a problem on a certain number of cases around this batch, the reversing pin is not correct, and my case is no use, they will not use it as the design has changed now.

Quaife say they do not know exactly how many cases were affected, and i would imagine that some are still out there.

Luckily i will not be charged with a new one.

So if any one is stripping one down for inspection then give quaife a ring to see if it is this version.

*thumbup*

Carbon Components Here *arrowright* K9 Composites