Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ACB10 or Yoko 32R

Andrew Dent

I am about to recive a new set of rims, and am wondering about the choice of rubber to put on them. The old set will receive a set of Yoko 21s for wet driving. My next decision has to be ACB10 or 32Rs again. The current set of 32s have lasted about 5k miles, Le Sept and about 10 track days. Admittedly some of the track days have been wet or damp. Are ACB10 so much better than 32Rs. What is the opinion of those who have used both

Andrew

all reports are of much better grip with ACBs than 032s - born out by the rate they wear out.

You should be changing camber to use one or the other (depending on what you are set up for) - adjustable at the front, change of ears at the rear. Not sure what happens if you don't though!

Graham

More -ve camber with radials, and less with x-plys. The difference is not all that noticeable. Andrew - why don't you just put some slicks on them and trailer more often? smile.gif

The ACB's are better but tramline more and wear quicker. They are also significantly more expensive. If your car is setup for radials, I'd stick with 032's which really aren't far off a set of hard compound ACB's. Medium compound ACB's will last two or three trackdays and soft compound would just about last one.

Alex

PS - The injectors are for sale again if you need them.

Hi Andrew hope to see on Le Sept this year. Our experience is that ACB10s give better grip and are quite good in damp conditions. Remember last year? If you are running them with 021s you may have to compromise on the camber settings if you intend swopping regularly. If you are not going for 'timed' events I think 032/021 is a good combination.

deanteam

you will be seeing me with a slightly different looking C7 low this year. windscrren has gone, carbon ex on, light wheels on. just a question of rubber.

alex

emerald arrives v soon. will know more about injectors later on. i will keep you informed. Curbough dubious aa Brazil looms again the week before. time will tell

Andrew