Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harriers on Top Gear

ewenm

Rach - have you been having words with Clarkson et al 🤔 That's 2 weeks in a row with Harriers on Top Gear 😬 And now a Harrier is at the top of the lap times *tongue* - would have been good to see the pilot do it properly and follow the cricuit accurately *thumbup* *wink*

70554 miles and counting... but a broken wrist

the harrier's acceleration off the line put it all into context as well!!

I fully understand why a friend who used to fly Phantoms for the Navy (when we still had 'real' aircraft carriers) has no interest in fast cars. 700 knots at 20 feet off the deck is really low flying!

I've always had a fascination with Lotus' turbine powered Indy and GP cars. Briefly toyed with the idea of (in the distant future) installing a small turbine into a Seven; then it occured to me (within a matter of milliseconds) that the hot air would most likely have to escape vertically through a large hole near the scuttle.

Anyone smell burning flesh *confused*

Peardrop

😬 *wink* Thanks Ewen and everyone else...I was out, but able to watch Top Gear...and I'd set the video, so I can watch it over and over again, every time I need cheering up.

*wink* *thumbup* Tam,

Thanks for the text *cool*

Noger, if you could give me prior warning, it'd be great...then I can spend the whole week getting excited about the prospect of Harriers being on the television again *thumbup*

*wink*

Rach

Walked into the office this morning and someone's PC was on with a background shot of a harrier hovering against a nice sunset. *thumbup*

Not that unlikely at an MoD site I suppose *tongue*

70637 miles and counting... but a broken wrist

• 11 months later...