Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight R Parts and Trailer

Merrick Linnett

I know its a little ! far away, but I have just taken in a deal a 16 foot hydraulic tilt bed trailer. Its a four wheeler, braked on all four, with good tyres and a brand new spare. It has a low level (deck level) tyre rack, so no lifting. Painted rather than galvenised, but nice and reasinably priced at £695, especially between two of you. If interested, give me a call, before 8pm please, on 01773 875105. Thanks, Ed ps Can e-mail photos.

You could maybe count me in on sharing a trailer if you have somewhere to store it....

I have a covenent on my house preventing the storage of trailers boats vans etc.....

Pinky you're Horsham way aren't you??? I'm in Felbridge, with luck Merrick will be in the middle somewhere.....

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Slow Old Vauxhall wink.gif

What do you guys think then - are we a little dispersed???

Whey would you want to use it?? (I'm thinking Spa and the Ring)

By double do you mean a double decker one for two cars??? Guess you can't pull that with an ordinary car - need a Land Rover or something??

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a not so Slow Vauxhall wink.gif

I don't have quite such grand ideas Arnie, I'd love to do the Ring and Spa but my job rarely lets me have time off in the Summer, only the Winter (knew I should have taken up motor crossing instead).

I'm looking for use about 4 times a year for track days in UK: Silverstone, poss Brands, and those northern ones where the combination of no screen and motorways would eventually bring on extreme madness.

I may however of just found a local (ish) firm that rents.

Let you know.

Nick

Arnie, Brian James do a 2 car trailer conversion for their A series...they load like a car transporter i.e. the front car sits at about a 30' angle with the other tucked under...I have had thoughts about dealing on one myself ...I do have an Overfinch also...could have a chat tonight if I can make the meeting

cheers John

Two heavy 7's and a trailer is maybe 1500 kg.

A big car could pull that. Usually the indication on legal pulling limit is

given by the cars weight.

Not much help here but in Sweden you can tow the same weight as the car!

So a ~1500 kg Volvo 850 can tow ~1500 kgs.

My father in law tows a 1300 kg caravan with a Saab 93 that weighs 1350kg.

This is on big wide untraffic'd Swedish roads of course.

Guy's

We may be a little dispersed, my only resavation is that we all want to use the trailer at the same time.

I would use the trailer once a month for Lydden,Brand or Snetterton, I do not fancy the drive home after racing.

I'm waiting on 2 contacts to get back to me with 2nd hand covered trailers.

You can hire trailers for about £30 a days but these are Large, so need a large van to tow it.

I have the use of 2lt Tansit Van for towing at any time.

Do you think it will work out ? if so we should get together soon.

Merrick