Click here if you are having website access problems ×

polish, hood cleaner

brentus

I've done a search but there is only stuff about polishing Ali, Mine is going to live outside so it's painted.

Anyone recommend a good polish?

For the three people that own/use a hood does that need any special treatment or cleaners?

thanks

Zymol's very good for your paintwork and has the benfit of smelling nice?!They do a shampoo too that alleges not to take the wax off when washing the next time which sounded like a good plan, don't know if others do that anyway though *confused*

I use Autoglym's Vinyl & Rubber Care for the tonneau / boot cover / hood, their Leather Care for the seats and their Fast Glass for the windscreen / mirrors etc.

For the paint I prefer good old fashioned Simoniz (in the yellow tin) which is basically Carnuba wax. Its fairly hard work to put on but it lasts quite a while. Nothing against Autoglym polish though, I just havent tried it

Nick

Red and Black 1.6K supersport

• Support Team

Autoglym polish is pretty good and easy to apply - just rub on and then lightly buff - no real effort required. The Comma one seems similar too. For the hood/sidescreens/tonneau I use the Autoglym bumper care stuff - you can also use it on the clear parts of the hood and screens - comes up great. Fastglass is excellent and can be used on paintwork to get tar and stubborn bugs off as well.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32