Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nissan Micra Badge

Irrelevant

greg - I share your opinion on Micras - only actually hit one myself, totally her fault, eventually agreed by the insurance company, 🙆🏻holes!

Micras are the most dangerous vehicles on the road. I find red ones the worst, mk1 red ones are guaranteed to do something stupid. . . . and if you're in Slough and there's a red mk1 Micra being driven by someone in a burka - just stop, brace yourself, and hope they don't crash into you . . . 😬

J351 TPE . . . battered old X/Flow

Edited by - AdamHay on 8 Nov 2003 11:37:11

Adam,

Blimey - I've been hit in the arse (wrote my car off) by a red Mk1.....took her insurance company 8 weeks to admit liability!

Other acident I was a passenger in a white mk1!

If you see a micra be afraid, very afraid!

Greg, Q 86 NTM (slow Green XFlow)

What a bigoted lot you are.

My eldest daughter learnt to drive in an elderly Micra and ran the car for 4 years and covered over 40,000 trouble free miles. The car is reliable, cheap to run and cheap to insure (important when you are 17).

I would not have let her keep it so long if I thought it was unsafe.

My youngest daughter is now learning to drive in (another) elderly Micra.

I hate micra's - 2 acidents I've had have both involved Micra's. Thier owners should be sent to a doctor for a checkup

And I hate people who cannot spell.

Cars do not cause accidents – drivers do!

Maxonian - Bad spelling and punctuation annoys me too - although I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate people whose posts are anything other than perfect. I've just reviewed my earlier post and seen that I had an apostrophe in Micra's, twice . . . . what a dumbass! . . . I have corrected it now *thumbdown*

BTW - I wouldn't say I'm bigoted towards Micras, prejudiced is a more appropriate term. This prejudice is founded upon 100s of 1000s of miles, driving on British roads. Are you telling me that you have no prejudices about what 'type' of drivers drive a certain car?

What do you think of BMW drivers, Max-Powered Nova drivers, people carrier drivers, XR3i drivers, Caterham drivers? If you truly believe they all drive the same then you are not prejudice - just unobservant !

Obviously there are exceptions to every rule and I hope your daughters are exceptions, but you're fortifying my point about Micras - in saying your daughters learnt to drive in them. Learner drivers are about the highest insurance risk there is !

J351 TPE . . . battered old X/Flow

AdamHay – my opinion of poor spelling was my attempt to inject a note of irony into the thread.

I hope I am not prejudiced against the drivers of any make of car simply because they choose to drive that car. However, I do have strong views about poor driving, which I observe in all makes of car.

It would be interesting to compare accident statistics on the basis of 000's of miles covered per model. I am sure the insurance companies collate this information. If on this basis, the Micra and Micra drivers were as accident-prone as you are saying, the insurance premiums would be high. But they are not – the Micra is one of the cheapest cars to insure.

There may be a perception that they are involved in more accidents than other makes, but there are a lot of them, being one of the most popular small cars on the road.

Yes, I am aware that learner drivers are typically high risk. That is why my elder daughter was taught by an Advanced Driving Instructor, and within weeks of passing her test at her first attempt, had completed Pass Plus. She is one of the safest drivers I know – but then I’m prejudiced.

Maxonian,

As greg says, this thread is a joke, I guess at my expense (but I'm used to it - I get worse at our local meeting *wink*)

My daily driver is a Micra, and I share your opinion of the cars. They are indeed dirt cheap to insure, run and maintain, which allows me to enjoy the delights of a 7. Obviously the two cars can't be compared, but at least I can leave the tintop wherever - and if something unfortunate *does* happen to it (like some tea leaf making off with the tailgate badge, hence the thread, as a result of one on Chitchat), well, it's not my pride and joy - rather the Micra than the 7.

I accept that some people don't like them, but I couldn't give a rats 🙆🏻 what they think. I've got my 7, and that's all that matters to me. I personally don't see the need for a special tintop - it gets me to work/the supermarket/wherever and that's what's important.

Personally, I blame Andy Webber for starting this all off - I reckon he has a soft spot for Micras really. I shall get him back at the next meet *smile*

I'm a bit surprised that this thread has had this many replies, perhaps you all speak Micra after all *tongue* *smile* Can we kill it and talk 7s instead?

Den

😬 - Self portrait - still unable to remove the smile!

Nigel

You should be burned at a stake... 😬 Depending on your choice of 7 - if it is an Xflow you are ok, a VX is marginal, and if you are cheese powered it will melt nicely.

Honestly I can appreciate that micra's are great runabout cars - I think Honda's are great for similar reasons I just happen to have had 2 serious acidents involving them.

Greg, Q 86 NTM (slow Green XFlow)