Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LR Discovery Rainsuit

owelly

We've already discussed what a good stable mate a Landy is to a Seveny type contraption so who wants to buy my Disco? Its a 1993 200tdiS with aircon leccy windows, seven seats, full MoT lots of new bits (with reciepts) and it will keep you warm and dry in the winter and tow your toys to track events during the summer! Start the bidding at £3700................

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...

If you had a Discovery you could tow aforementioned Corvette and put the filing cabinets and tyres in the back and still have enough room left for a possie of old people to take to bingo......

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...

I`ve got this insane notion that I`d like a LR Defender......I`ve always liked them.

I just know that if I had one I would probably hate it after a couple of months.

I remeber sitting in one years ago and driving through a puddle and the jet of water that came up through a hole in the floor.

Then there is the wind getting in everywhere too........bit like a 4x4 se7en really 😬

FOR SALE Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Paul *thumbup*

Have seen the Wild Cat at Goodwood, I would love one but they are quite pricey if I remember correctly.

The thing about buying a Landy is that it would probably encourage me to drive the se7en more....which would be a good thing too.

Then again I`ve just spent too much on the Volvo to change my everyday car.......

Now the wife will need a change of car next summer......maybe I can persuade her to go for a Landy

"friends don't let friends drive freelanders" -- my best mate who has 2 LR LSE V8's.....

get her a Nissan X=Trail, very capable 4X4 and mommy mobile. we bought one 2 months ago, very VERY nicely kitted as standard, good mileage, very stable at accident avoidance maneuvers.

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD Join us on the USA 2005 tour......HERE

Freelander.......no way!!!!

If I buy one of them I`ll spend the rest of my life changing head gaskets *eek*

No....I`m talking old fashioned defender style farmer wagon......

I don`t think Jo will go for that though......she`s thinking more Mini or Megane.....

Simon,

Start practicing the driving position.

Take your favourite armchair with three or four extra cushions to raise the seat height and place it about two feet back from the living room window.

Put a sheet of plywood in the back of the chair to lean on, this will also ensure you sit more upright.

With the dog occupying the lefthandside, so you're squeezed into the righthand corner, move the upright hoover until it is rubbing your left leg just in front of the chair seat.

Et Voila *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬 😬

For true authenticity make sure the window is open and wear an old check shirt with an open collar and rolled up sleeves.

Land Rovers, you've got to love them *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬 😬 😬 😬

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Right....where`s that Autotrader......

So what is the story with Landies, I have little to no experience of them. I don`t really want a 110, a 90 would suffice.

What about reliability, price of parts......are they easy to work on as a DIY mechanic.

What do I need to look for?

How old is sensible for a daily driver?

Would a V8 petrol version be plain silly?

There should be a good supply of armour plated V8`s around Belfast 😬

A good 90 if looked after will go on practically for ever mine is a 200tdi and goes like effluent of a farm implement.You can get them cheap of Toppings or Donneleys, provided you take it as it's traded in with no warrenty They are very easy to work with and any diffs and the guys in BLRC can supply any part most second hand I've had 90s and 110s in the past including a V8 110 County,but you needed a petrol bowser for that, so I'd say stick to diesel and the last of the 200Tdis where better than the 300s I have done a full weld up job on the chassis and Waxoiled it it's like brand new underneath now. Hoping it will last me another 15 yrs

One word of warning parts maintance on older landies may become problamatic in future as LRs new owners are adopting a different attitude to stock holding on old models

Iggy.

195BHP Dry Sumped K

Iggy *confused* or is that Mr Pop

It`s not really a serious consideration at the moment, as you know I have a new Birkin to finance first. If I can get Jo into the Volvo then I might get myself an oldish Landy next year. It seems to me as though they are a bit like a se7en in that you can keep them going for years, it seems you can even buy new chassis and body work etc if necessary.