Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where've the trees gone

Laurence Wilson

If the trees are in a conservation area they are basically treated as if they have a TPO.

As a landscape architect I can`t stand people chopping down trees for no reason. I have no problem if the trees pose a danger to people or property or if they are diseased or dying but cutting down healthy trees is scandalous.

These things take hundreds of years to mature and people chop them down in half an hour without a thought.

FOR SALE Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Crudders; both conservation area and protection orders.

I've stuck an image up on the same page. This is off the top of my head (I can't remember what applies on the opposite side of the road) but those houses in red (along the A29) are in the conservation area. Those trees highlighted in yellow have protection orders placed upon them.

However, the two blue dots show the trees in the picture you've already seen.

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 7 Nov 2003 18:23:25

Peardrop

I`d be onto the local council asap....unfortunately the deed has been done but at least they can be fined for what they have done if indeed the trees are covered by the conservation order or TPO.

FOR SALE Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

The purpose of the illustration was to show that the trees felled are immediately outside of the conservation area / protection orders. They aren't on the A29 (that is on our boundry) and they do not line highlighted lane (wrong side of their house).

Don't think there's anything wrong, legally, with what they've done 🙆🏻

Peardrop

Hi Peardrop,

I think I live nearish to you and I asked the Horsham planning dept if I could remove some shrubs in my garden...but ones that faced the public road. The answer was no !!!

Give the council a call.

We like trees.

P

L811 VTR BRG/Yellow SuperSport