Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where've the trees gone

Laurence Wilson

Got home from college to find next door had cut these trees down (I know - it's dark outdoors). The fence you can see is about seven foot to give you an impression of size (an unsightly orange colour that is too, after they removed a hedge); a quarter to a third of the trees height has already been removed.

I assume the rest will be removed tomorrow ☹️.

Feel like a right nosey winger but now I'm really pissed off 🙆🏻 *thumbdown*.

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 6 Nov 2003 17:18:25

Sorry to be a dunder-heed, but how would I go about putting a photo onto this ere puter like as wot Peardrop has done with one of those link type things? I have some cr4p piccys on my cameramatagraph and although they are a load of old bobbins, I'd like to have the option of sharing them. Having said that, every time I plug my box brownie into my USB port my puter slows down and freezes! *mad*

Any help will be greatfully recieved and ridicule and pisstakes will be even more welcome. Sorry to hi-jack your thread Peardrop and I think your ftograffy skills are perfect. 😬

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...

In simple terms, I signed up for some webspace here, boshed some html together in note pad, uploaded that along with my image(s) and then stuck a link in a thread as outlined in the faq (at the head of this page).

Tripod have answers to any questions you may have about uploading images and botching html.

Hoops; they still have a select few bushes that surround the "stumps" and define their garden perimeter (although I don't know how long it'll be before they're replaced with orange fencing, breeze block waterfeatures and moulded concrete statues like the rest of the garden).

Bollox; I'm being sanctimonious again. How many times is that today, CN 🤔

Peardrop

even easier is to find somewhere friendly that runs php nuke and upload them there - it handles all the technical stuff for you. eg look at www.ne7ers.co.uk.

lots of pics of my car there *smile*

hmm... we just need to ask Matthew (who runs it and is a part time shedder) to run www.thesheds.co.uk....

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

• Area Representative

Blimey Peardrop, they were whoppers. No TPO's on them?

Doesn't look from your photo like they were near any buildings, so what was their reason for doing that to them? Naturephobes perhaps?

I can sympathise - until 10 years ago my road was lined with mature Horse Chestnuts - very attractive and full of birdsong in summer. But the council (London Borough of Bexley, who like to call themselves "The Greener Borough" 🙆🏻 ) hacked them all down following a successful campaign by my brain dead neighbours, on the grounds that they were a nuisance. And why did they think that? Because the birds who had the the cheek to hang out in these majestic trees shat on their cars *mad* I kid you not.

Sadly support for my opposing campaign ran to just me, the girlfirend and the hippy at number 53 ☹️

Depressed and Disillusioned of Sidcup

Hoops; they cut them in the middle 'cos they're too big to fell in one go (they're near enough to our property and their house that if they did that they would cause damage).

Without boring you with a list of their "landscaping achievements", Crudders, I'd hazard a guess they're Naturephobes.

I'm not entirely sure that they didn't have TPOs on them; the majority of the village falls under a protection area (although not sure what that covers).

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 7 Nov 2003 11:10:13

• Area Representative

Peardrop,

By protection area, do you mean conservation area?

If so:

Under section 211, subject to a range of exceptions, (including small trees and ones that are dead, dying or dangerous), anyone proposing to cut down, top or lop a tree in a conservation area is required to give six weeks' notice to the local planning authority. The purpose of this requirement is to give the authority an opportunity to consider bringing the tree under their general control by making a tree preservation order in respect of it. Penalties for contravention, which may include a requirement to replant, are similar to those for tree preservation orders

Don't let these sick bastards get away with it

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Richard