Click here if you are having website access problems ×

OT - IPAQ 3630 & Sat Nav jacket

Mark P

Compaq Sat Nav jacket, in perfect working order and the necessary software, in car charger and mounting brackets for sale, due to it not working in my new car which has a climate comfort windscreen and therefore "blocks" the signal.

This is an extreamly effective piece of kit which can be transferred from car to car. It gives voice commands as well as pictures of necessary route. It also comes witht he 128MB card which will mean that the majoirty of the UK can be held on one card. Alternatively, you can just load the areas relavant to your journey.

The cost of this kit approximately 2 years ago was approximately £400.

In addiiton, I have an older IPAQ 3630. This unit is approxumately 3 - 4 year old but works fine except there is a problem with the battery. It will not hold a charge for long, although it you leave it plugged in the car all the time this will not be a problem. This should be able to be re-paired, but as I have upgraded, I have not bothered. The IPAQ can of course be used as a hand held computer for email, internet, MP3 player, calender, contacts, tast list etc.

Again the cost of this was approx £400. General spec is :-

Standard memory: 32 MB RAM, 16 MB ROM

Display type: Color-reflective TFT (thin film transistor) LCD

Display colors: 4,096 (12-bit)

Display size: 2.26 by 3.02 inches

Resolution: 240 by 320 pixels

Display backlight: Yes,

Processor: 206 MHz Intel StrongARM SA-1110 32-bit RISC

Operating system: Microsoft Windows for Pocket PCs

PC compatible: Yes

Mac compatible: No

Looking on ebay .... this package would cost in the region of £440.00. So bearing in mind the problem with the battery I am looking for £350.00 (including P&P) ono for the two.