Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.4 supersport ltd edition for sale

Rupert939

Ltd. Edition (28/30) Roadsport 1996 P Reg. 1400 supersport.

Renault sport dark blue metallic paint.14" anthracite alloys.6 speed gearbox.

Anti-cavitation tank.Carbon fibre nose cone, cycle wings and rear wings.

High capacity radiator.Quick rack steering with Momo quick release steering wheel.

FIA roll bar.4 point harnesses.

Battery cut off switch.Fire extinguisher.

Vecta immobiliser.Heater.

Heated screen.Wind deflectors.

Full weather equipment with tonneau and hood bag.Leather seats and headrests. 7 grille.

17,400 miles. 10 months MOT and tax.

Excellent condition. Be quick this is a gorgeous car.

£13,000 or nearest. Need a new house !

Rupert Atkinson 01926 777312 or 07980 273945. (Away 6-9 Nov)

• Area Representative

I don't think Vecta immobilisers are Thatcham approved. When we had our Golf GTi fitted with a class 2 alarm, talking to the engineer about Vecta units, he said that no Thatcham approval was given to immobilisers where physical wear occurred i.e when the fob was pushed into and removed from the device before starting the car. It was to do with the fob contacts eventually wearing down and causing poor performance and malfunction. I was led to believe that only blipper style immobiliser were suitable for approval.

Thus saying that when I insured my brand new Classic for the first time in 1997, they took no account of the Vecta Immobiliser at all, saying that it wasn't necessary on a car of that power or value! Only Superlights and above required the added protection...

Must say that I preferred to have the immobiliser though for my own piece of mind!

HTH

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Ross- definitely not my old car I had No 19 of 30 and car was BMW Avus blue-

The limited edition Roadsport is a really well specified car - and it appears that Rupert's car has had some more money spent on it. *thumbup*

The 1400K with the 6 speed box is a fun combination and very effective - both Lawrence Hoy and I , (but mainly Lawrence *smile*), have had some good wins in Hillclimbs and Sprints with 1400K series.

Great cars - Good luck with the sale Rupert.

Iain

Stu - Yes the Roadsport Ltd edition was only announced in January '96 and has the "current" chassis. I'm not sure but I think the only thing different between this chassis and one out of the factory today is there are no lugs for Watts linkage.

Paul - Rupert's car sounds good - email me off line - I'll try to find Caterham's original spec for the Roadsport 1400.

Iain

Nick,

Bizarre that the insurance co. only want an immobiliser on the more powerful cars. On the basis that all 7s are outwardly similar are we to believe that car thieves would remove the bonnet to check the engine type before nicking it? Perhaps tealeaves these days have rolling roads.

Having established it was 'only' a 100bhp Classic are they then going to say "not this one John, it's only a poxy one, leave it, there's one on each street corner anyway". Hardly.

Guys

I think you will find the immobiliser is Thatcham approved

I had one of Vecta's competitiors fitted to a car some years ago, this worked on the same electronic key principle. It came with a certificate confirming the unit and it's installation met the thatcham standards, the insurers reduced the permium accordingly.

Alicat