Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ACB 10s

Red SLR

Can anybody recommend where to get these from? I have worn out my current set and I could do with getting some new ones.

I remember reading somewhere about a supplier who does DT aswell and are supposed to be cheap but I forget who they are.

Ta.

Simon.

X777CAT

Arnie, even in the hard compound is this still a better tyre than others commonly used on Caterhams? By this I mean will I still get better performance than from other tyres but with a longer life than the softer compounds, so a reasonable compromise (on the most uncompromised car)

Si

Even the hard compound will only last 3k miles max.

Yoko etc are will be super hard in comparison and will last quite a lot longer, but they will not be as good on the track.

I am going to run ACB10's for the summer and then go to a rain tyre for winter.

X777CAT

I purchased a set from BMTR in B/ham last year, med compound, for a trip to the ring and whilst I did'nt do the full trip, I managed just over 1000 miles and they look as though they have another 2/3000 miles on them atleast. I've also got a set of hard compound from Caterham, they've done 1200 road miles and like Mr Jecks they seem to wearing extremely well.

I got 1700mile sout of my rears, but I did use them at Le Mans last year doing doughnuts so I guess thats not bad. They are A33 compound and are only worn on the inside edges. They did spend most of their life on a pair of 2 deg ears - so had they been at the correct camber they would probably have lasted much longer.....

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Slow Old Vauxhall wink.gif

I bought two 8/22/13 A33 coumpond ACB10's today for £180. Dartford tyres fitted and balanced them for £7 each - not bad...

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a not so Slow Vauxhall wink.gif