Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mornin' / Apocalypse then.

KevSull Too

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and Boonie I agree with Meldrew -it was a point well made *thumbup*. I don't post on "contentious" threads but if I did I would have said exactly that. The burning of any human effigy, particularly children, is disturbing, whatever the reasons

Phew, I was almost grown up then for a minute 😳. Someone chuck me a marshmellow (sic) please 😬

Tam

ah yes Tam, the Priory stint.

I can still remember the feeling of creeping numbness as the biting siberian wind howled around my ears, rattling the chainlink fencing and slowly inducing hypothermia.

Then you and Mr C kindly turned up and I was able to stumble away to warmth and chocolate muffins 😬

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

Oh yeah man we shipped out to Priory - it was wet - the enemy was everywhere. We got pinged by an enemy patrol cos we crossed the lines and got near one of the bridges on the inside of the track.

After a bit of E and E we got back to the fence but it was close run thing man - no cover very open - Westie was everywhere man.

Fortunatle we were short-timers and saw the end of the war there.

O/T I try and avoid contentious (if that's a word) upstairs but I saw the pics and just had to say something.

😬 😬 😬

It was a cold day in the NAM...the wind whistled through the open doors of the choppers as the shed platoon made their way in...man it was cold and we knew Mr Westie and Radical was waiting for us.

The L -otus Z-even was hot as we exited the open door and humped our rucks to what had become known as 'The Pit'

Lt Gerard sat us down and steadied us cherries - easy boys - do your job right and we will all come home. Respect your enemy this battle is not going to be won out in the fields it's going to be won right here. Our boys are out there doing there best and we are here to make sure they get home, fuelled and out there again...

I could sense the eyes of the Radical drivers through the wire - they were close and knew they outnumbered us. But we had the best, at least out kit was newer than some of the old AK-Bentleys that were out there.

'Listen-up' Gunney Sgt Rach's voice broke the silence. Here's your maps and Radios. I want good comms at all times, radio silence unless one of our boys bites the farm. Our four man patrol is depending on you. They have been busting there butts in the weeds yesterday and this morning. We've got no air support and Mr Westie is out for blood. Lets here some good calls out there....and becareful.

I looked around and saw the usual bunch of steely eyed shedders and supporters. Although we had isuue kit some had replaced theirs with their own touches. Blat caps and 7 t-shirts. Demolitions expert Mav had particularly fancy headwear on he had bought at his last R&R in Saigon. I saw him calmly filling a tank with fuel as me and my oppos left the pit to our ambush positions. A lump in our throats as we watched our four man patrol get ready to go out into the jungle of Sil-vastone.

....to be continued