Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.4k series engine- again

R500 CYA

Due to various communication cock ups - lost numbers, missed rendevous etc etc, I have this engine up for sale again.

The history:

It's not mine, but we took it out of a mates wife's 214 Rover. It does not have a high mileage on it and spent its life shopping and doing the things girls do in their cars.

Recently it developed a misfire and low compression on number three was discovered. Rather than mess around with stripping the engine (I wanted to but woman just aren't always that patient) a new motor was sourced.

This engine is threfore available for anybody who wants to build themesleves a new motor. I would suggest the problem is either a ring or liner as the head, top end and bottom end are all in fine order. If you intend to build something fun this winter this is a great place to start.

The engine is in Horsham, West Sussex, and can be had for £75 complete.

Please lt me know if you would like any more info.

Cheers,

Nick

Slider,

I have a 1400 kseries (from a seven) in bits that you can have free to butcher as spares for the above rebuild project if you can collect it.

Was running fine until I lunched the big ends on track. Everything else looks OK and might yield some useful parts for you. Its clutterring up the garage and will go to the tip soon! Somebody has had the supersport cams out of it already unfortunately. Naturally the crank already has the spigot bearing and bush fitted which you'll need to mate to a Ford gearbox and has the block mods done to fit a starter motor (if you're gonna use it in a seven).

Drop me a line if you want it.

Hi Fordy,

Thanks for your offer *thumbup* *wink* *thumbup* ...

I'm definitively interested if the deal with Nick goes through ... *confused*

As soon as I know more I'll mail you, so we can sort out the details !

How long can you wait ???

Cheers,

Slider@7

Edited by - Slider@7 on 4 Nov 2003 10:59:04

Nick,

I think you have some kind of virus on your PC *eek* because you said you had problems getting the mail through, ... while I actually got some mails (3 or 4, but can't say from who) with viruses which were luckily blocked by my firewall... maybe they didn't came from you but you never know ...

Did my mail got through to you ???

Well, about the engine : just have to sort out how it will get from your place to mine, which might be fun since I live in Belgium. Any chance you know somebody who's making a trip to Belgium in the next few weeks ???

If not, how much time are you willing to give me so I can sort something out ?

Please let me know ...

Oh yes, ... could you please let me know what's all included in the 'package' 😬

Regards,

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Odd one about the virus, I was actually emailing you from my hotel in LA using their computer! However, no problems, I am home now and will try again.

If you want the engine, just give me the nod and I will put it to one side. Once the money has changed hands, I can store it at my friends workshop indefinitley.

I will be there tomorrow morning so I will check it over and see what is included.

Will mail you tomorrow!

Nick