Click here if you are having website access problems ×

TTFN 2

Hibster.

I'm moving house today (and yesterday) and the ADSL isn't going to be ready at my new hovel for several days ☹️ so I'll have to stay away from the sheds for a while.

It's half nine and I'm knackered and soaked in sweat (from carrying stuff before Rosssssss steps in)

See ya

Paul 😬 and ☹️ at having to move house

Supercheese R250

At least you can get broadband, round our way they don`t even know what it is yet.

Oh and I can`t get Freeview digital either.........I live in the 🙆🏻hole of the universe *smile*

FOR SALE Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Got a collegue who's moved to Downhill (on both the JJ99 and LtL routes). The company has retained him and given him has a satellite link which has higher bandwidth than my broadband. No idea what that costs but if you could get neighbours to club together to buy it or a leased line then you all implement a wireless mesh your overall costs per household are pretty low.

Descriptions and links to it on Jason Brown's web site.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

I was looking at satellite broadband as work were going to hook me up to our company network at home.

The problem was it was only one way, download but upload was via a phone line. OK if you are surfing but no good for graphics intensive work for our UK mainland offices. I`m sure there are other systems but for me on my todd they are just too expensive.

97 people have refistered an interest in our area but they haven`t even set a trigger level yet

My only option for the forseeable future is to move house.

The annoying thing about the whole Broadband episode was that even when they drag our local telephone exchange out of the dark ages, chuck out the donkeys, small rodents and the mechanical kit, and install some newfangled elastic trickery I still won`t be able to get broadband........why I asked.......because you live over 5km from the exchange........oh I said what exchange would that be..........Kells they said........oh, I said, that`s odd because I live not two hundred metres from said exchange........oh they said......well you still can`t have it........ *mad* *mad*

So now everytime BT call to try and sell me their latest aunts and uncles package I tell them to get stuffed until they can provide me with a broadband connection

FOR SALE Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

I had a similar problem with them. I'd been here a year before they switched us on. In the end though I caught them out a little. I got free connection, cheaper rate for going Direct Debit and didn't buy any of there crap kit off them, preferring to save 60 quid by NOT buying their 80 quid USB modem in favour of a 20 quid eBuyer ethernet router/modem.

I doubt I'm getting full speed here either, because my phone line's not brilliant. Shame really as the house is only a mid-80's one. Never mind. If one of the cable co's can show me physically how they would connect me, I may switch in a year to a 1 or 2Meg line. They're so cheap now, seems rude not to.

Cable not avail to you?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Na cable is a dead duck if you live in the country like Simon or me I'm seriously planning on going WI FI with a 5km link to a mates house who has broadband. I can buy all the kit for around 400 quid *cool* That means it pays for itself in under 6 mths. 😬

I return, although only on dial up until next week

Thanks for all the wishes etc 😬

Anything happen while I was away ????

Oh yes, I had a birthday, another year nearer the grave (I am planning to take Rosssss and the Roooooooo with me to the other side)

Paulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Supercheese R250