Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cucumbers

Alex Birtwisle

I hate Cucumber. It spoils a good sandwich, it taints my Pimms, it looks at me from salad with an evil and malicious stair *thumbdown*

Why on earth such a thing should be allowed to evolve is beyond me. The KT event that brought about the demise of the dinosaurs should have killed the cucumber too *mad* Alas it didn't and some twit of a farmer thought it was a bright idea to cultivate it and sell it to saladmunger's.

I hereby rename cucumber Poohcumber *eek*

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

Dear Sir

It has come to my attention that cucumbers have been targeted for unfair criticism by some members of your organisation. This is a wholly unjustified prejudice. Cucumbers are versatile vegetables, suitable for a number of household uses. I particularly like the decorative swirls one can create as a fashionable garnish (see Woman's Own cookery pages, October 1974 edition)

Yours faithfully

Outraged of Berkshire (MCLF*)

*Member of the Cucumber Liberation Front

Now celery on the other hand....... 😬

Cucumber is mildly annoying, however, I'm with Tam on the celery front: WORK OF THE DEVIL.

Down with celery.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Edited coz I'm a spaz

Edited by - KevSull on 30 Oct 2003 10:06:21

Fans of Gillingham FC pelted their goalkeeper - the heaviest man in the football league - with it on a regular basis some time ago, singing a bawdy song about how he was overweight and should eat more of it.

It resulted in a ban on sales of celery within a certain radius of the gound on Saturdays.

Perhaps, Alex, you should organise malicious cucumber-hurling at United on a Saturday?

Brassicas of all kinds are the vegetables of choice among the discerning.

Could someone explain to me why an Area Or9aniser should raise this evil topci again?

...or was that "the point" I just saw flying over my head 🤔 *confused*

....sorry folks, I've bin reet proper poorly for the last few days and my brain is fugged up with drurrgs 😳

FH *cool*