Click here if you are having website access problems ×

help this evening would be good

Vogon SuperTrooper

If a little optimistic at this late stage. But anyway. My right rear indicator has packed up. Bulb is fine though. So front to repeaters flash in double time. The rear one seemed to go slowly. In other words, for a while I could stop it flashing in double time (it did until it packed up altogether) by putting on the hazards. This brought the repeaters back to normal, front and rear until, as I said, the rear one stopped altogether.

Should I be looking for damp/short, wire break or what?

many thanks

Chahrels

ps, what's the ideal tyre pressure for Good year F1s, on HPCs, road use?

it sounds like you've got a dis wire to the bulb,first check the earth(black) is ok,if you haven't got a volt meter, use a lead from

the battery +ve via a bulb as a test lamp.if it tests ok, put the test lead onto the earth

(-ve) side of the battery and check that the

green/white wire is getting power when the indicator is switched on.this wire is commoned to the front indicator bulb then back to the hazard switch,then back to the indicator switch.if the front bulb is ok,it's

a bad earth or a faulty wire between the front and back bulbs (G/W).GOOD LUCK

CHEERS C7 POW

Chalres

Check the rear sidelamp and brake light work OK and do not earth through the indicator or vice versa. (You will see the filments glowing dimly in the other lamps if this is happeneing (may be a good idea to remove the coloured lens to ascertain.

Any of the aboev happening check the ground wire - corroded bullet connectors under the wing and also there is an earth tag onto the back of the offside rear wing bolts below the boot floor which can also corrode.

If thats not the problem check the earth wire where it connects to the lamp unit (there is a nasty srew terminal for this)

Last of all try making sure the spring in the bulb sockst is pushing the contact onto the base of the bulb.

Be careful doing all of this in case you blow a fuse. Good idea to discon the bat when you are poking around!

If all else fails, tape over the indicators and use hand signals!

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Slow Old Vauxhall wink.gif