Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oh burger (sic)

Myles

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about 55 minutes from cam to the M6/M1 junction then 15 minutes to get the the M6/M42 junction and another 15 from there to Redditch and 5 minutes to Nig's house. 90 mins total.

It takes me about 90-100 minutes from home to a P&F and about 60-70 to get back when there's less traffic.

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

ah yes I guess it does depend how fast you drive. personally I tend to stick around the speed limit on motorways etc. I think my PB to my parents is about 2 hours, when I had my Lotus, which was actually great for m-way cruising, and that was doing 80 all the way (A14- M6 - thru central Bham and out the other side).

moom.

True, but some of the worst have been contracters as well. Its amazing what some people manage to get away with...

As a fresh graduate in a team of about 8, by the time I left the team (after a year) I was honestly the best person there (apart from the manager who was better at some things). ie they'd often ask me questions about the software (repeatedly asking the same thing), and I never needed to ask them. Considering they were hired as experts it was pretty shockingly poor....

OTOH, in this team I've been here 1.5 years and still feel like a dunce...

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

oh yes I am sure there is always the flip side to the coin.

that's as much about poor management though isn't it?

every company I have worked in had generally managed contractors poorly.

for example, we are currently having a cull. management has said all contracts are not being renewed, full stop (and this accounts for 10% of the workforce). so I have three months to learn and take on responsibility for a business critical system, which has been developed solely by a contractor who has been here for over two and half years.

it's a crazy situation, and all for the satiation of the the city *mad*

moomin

www.megabird.co.uk