Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Laddie or Lassie

rossybee

Thanks Rach & Pat *thumbup*

The reason for my querie is we have new next door neighbours moving in next week........

A couple by the names Steven & Fairfax........

All the OAPs (as most are in the street) are in a right lather about it!

Just wait for the parties full of queens!!!* 😬

*Please note I have nothing against gays or lesbians, just that many of the aforementioned peeps are VERY homophobic 😬 😬 😬

Rrrrrrrrooosssssss!!!!!!!

I'm with Rach on this one .... Fairfax is a boys name. Means fair haired in Anglo-Saxon.

But, hey, it could be worse Ross, they could be English *tongue*

I have a few gay friends, and almost without exception they are very charming (when they want to be ...) and will quite soon have any OAP's saying what a polite couple they are *smile*

Similar thing happened in my Outlaws road ... a lesbian couple moved in 😳 ... a few months later nobody could quite remember what they were all so worried about. Fear of the unknown and all that.

Gonna be a bit of a let down when they turn out to be a couple of blokes who just happen to be getting a house together *confused*

p.s. during my extensive research (2 mins on Google) I have uncovered the following ....

Rachael is Hebrew for "Woman"

Ross means "Wood"

Paul is Latin for Small 😬

I have a cousin who has called his 2 children: -

Brooklyn - Girl (shes 2 years older than the Beckhams Brooklyn, so no they didn't copy it)

And

Mackenzie - Girl

If your doing this for a new child then I think it's up to you, just think about how they'll be treated at school first.