Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silocone hose sizes

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

How flexible are silicone hoses to take up different sizes?

I'm planning to replace a number of rather perished existing hoses over the winter. Some of them such as to the heater (I know, I shoudl lose it...) are 5/6 inch. I calculate this to be the equivalent of 21.1582mm. The closest that SAMco does is 22mm - can I assume that this is close enough and that a good jubilee clip will seal this OK?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Samco flexible hoses to go around corners?

Thanks - Michael.

I bought some silicon hose from Think automotive last week in the 5/8 size . I went for 19mm metric made by mocal .

Matt at think will sort you out with a good price too if you tell him your L7C membership number .

I think it was around £18 for a meter of hose ??

dave

When I contacted Think by email and telephone to buy a Laminova and mentioned the L7C membership, they just did not want to talk to me (no answer to my emails and Matt was surprinsigly always out of the office 'but will call back within 10 mn' . A very unprofessional way to treat customers *thumbdown*

Pierre

The aussi (??) guy behind the desk always refers L7C members to Matt , as Matt knows all our odd requirements 😬 *thumbup* , maybe this is what happened .

I have called Matt a few times and yes he has been busy , but he did return calls *thumbup*

Michael - if you do need to go 90degrees than they also sell bends and connectors for a few ££

Dave