Click here if you are having website access problems ×

StreetPilot 111

Ken elle

I got one recently. Doesn't search by postcode which is odd, because it seems to know the postcode of where you're going to. Very good at tracking satellites. Very clear voice instruction. Seems to choose sensible routes.

I'm very happy with mine, although if I'm looking for somewhere without a clear address - eg Mas du Clos in France, I'll probably do a little preparation and find the location with the supplied PC software and save it as a waypoint to the unit. The Find facility is a bit limited if the place you're going to doesn't have a number and a road name.

Once you've saved the waypoints of the places you frequent, it is very good at getting you to places via sensible routes.

I've only had mine for a few days so maybe I haven't got the best out of it's search facility yet. It did get me from Alrewas to St Leonard's Av. on Hayling Island and back again perfectly (approx 120 miles each way)

Route recalculation is a little slow but not too much of a problem. The mounting beanbag is seriously clever

Edited by - Alex Wong on 28 Oct 2003 16:06:31