Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Christmas Shed

Rachael

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crumbs, pistols at dawn I think 😬 *tongue*

Pleasing everyone all the time ain't an option in this kind of thing and compromise is always going to come into play. Cambridge is a fine place for such an event as there are only a couple of shedders further north than Brum and as there is a lot of free accommodation available for everyone that can make it here. If you can't make it you can't make it *thumbdown*... simple. If you can you can, also simple *thumbup*

Now then Pat, you really shouldn't lick everyone you meet you know ... people will talk 😬

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

I too think it's inconsiderate!!!!

I went to Cambridge once and it rained. And there was a whale, and it was full of evil horses and one eyed women. Don't know if I want to go back.

Oh, yes, I forgot - 😬 😬 *tongue* 😳 *wink* *biggrin* *cool* *thumbup* *eek*

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Martin,

Smilies would probably have helped, I just felt a bit unappreciated. If you feel this strongly about it, why don't you organise something for the 13th nearer to you. That way you don't miss out and don't have to travel too far *thumbup* I know there are other people who cannot make the 6th as well... Ewen, Hoop and Em, Ric, Tam and Michael...

Oh and YHM *wink*

*wink*

Rach

apologies for the mis-quote, you are right there was a "stick out tongue" smiley on your original post, if I remember correctly. I was going from memory, and one bit stood out more than the rest.

we are all aware that the written word can be mis-interpreted, even by someone who might know you very well. and I am sure we have all posted things in the heat of the moment, or without thinking, I'm not saying I've never done that.

what I am saying is that I took your first post (now edited) as being rather rude to Rachael, given she is giving her time and effort for the good of the shed community, and most of us know how it can be difficult to organise things for a large and geographically diverse group of people.

also I took your second post (also now edited) as being rather offensive to myself - I don't think I have been either rude or offensive to yourself, and if you feel that I have then please point this out to me and I will make amends where I feel necessary.

I am sorry if you find my 'sticking up' for Rachael disagreeable, but to react to an initial posting which may have been misinterpreted with further similar posting is likely to cause upset.

moomin.