Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sat 15th November.

r c ole

As most shedders know this date is the AOs conf.

One of the subjects up for discussion is Blatchat and CONTROL!!!!!

Can all shedders who know their AO lobby him ASAP, Obviously Shedders who are AOs will be there in force.

The only issue we need to apologise for is the 2 in the shower threads and the subject of refreshing the page to increase the counters.[ and the effect this had on the servers and it's cost implication] This in my opinion has been delt with.

As regards any other form of control I suggest we squeal and squeal loudly

Blatchat is a free forum and open to anyone not just Club members, any form of control stinks of Big Brother.

the Sheds are also a sacred area wher we can be ourselves and not upset other Chit Chatters.

Do we agree

*cool* *biggrin* *wink* *smile* *thumbup*

195BHP Dry Sumped K

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the issue of BC come up pretty much every year at the AO Conference. I don't imagine this year will really be any different. There are lots of issues here, and I don't think (although I'm probably wrong) that closing the test area, is going to be something that is generally requested/discussed.

As long as everyone here behaves themselves, i.e. not posting on threads when someone is genuinely testing, then I don't see that us being here is a problem.

I expect Mr Barry has plenty else to be worrying about.

Crikey, that was all a bit serious -

*wink*

Rach

Edited by - Rachael on 27 Oct 2003 13:42:00

Rach yes it does come up the wording that worries me this year in the agenda is CONTROL [ that smacks of big brother ] and the pressure every year from a certain quarter to restrict Blatchat to Club members only. *confused*

195BHP Dry Sumped K

Yes, I saw the agenda. I would be surprised though if they do decide to restrict it to members only - even if they do, it won't solve most of the problems. I bet most shedders are club members and certainly some of the issues that arose upstairs were started/perpetuated by club members.

I guess we just have to see what happens, but given that at least 4 of the AOs who are going are shedders, it should be ok.

*wink*

Rach

Control of blatchat was brought up at last years AO meeting as well. There was some discussion regarding limiting access to club members only, or limiting the ability to post on threads to club members only. As you can see, the site was left alone and a number of legal disclaimers added.

The test area can only be a good thing for the club, I mean, look at the fine bunch of folk it brings together. This is definitely in the spirit of se7en ownership, and in the spirit of the club. Whereas threads like the Arrowstar topic in Chitchat a year or two back could have wiped out the club completely.

We are all very harmless down here, if only there was this kind of friendly atmosphere in Chitchat

Cheers

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

I don't know any AOs, nor have I any clue about the internal workings of the club, but here's my twopenneth.....

I suspect that there are some areas where control may be welcomed. There have been some frankly scary threads on BC over the last few months. The club are understandably concerned to avoid any liability for offensive and defamatory postings and of course to avoid any additional cost caused by silliness, as Igor has mentioned. People hiding behind alternative monikers seems to have caused some emotions to run high.

I'd be surprised if wibbling is their chief concern at the moment. We're not harming anyone and our postings enrich the lives of fellow shedders *tongue* Let the sheds live.

Ice cream anyone 😬