Click here if you are having website access problems ×

16" Wheels for Sale

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

5 x Caterham HPC 16" wheels, excellent condition, fitted with 205/45 Michelin Pilots. Varying tread depths, 1 almost new, 2 very good, 1 nearing limit, 1 on limit. These have the one piece cast aluminium locking centre caps rather than the cheaper/later 2 piece plastic items, and bolt in valves. £250.

Stu.

no you need to spend a little more yet !!

Regards

H.

ps about time you learnt to drive it on the track, there are some good deals at Oulton Park this back end, give me a call and I can send you the details.

Open pit lane for 110 ukp

Edited by - dogvet on 29 Oct 2003 11:04:24

Dear MJB,

I'm also new to forum - bought an HPC in October.

I have 5 of the same 7J wheels with same pilots - 1 unused, 2 good tread, 1 ok and 1 marginal. If Stuart's sell and you are interested, please let me know - in Worthing, and have to travel to Herts once a month, so could meet.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul

Yes would be interested, I know that 13/14 inch wheels provide the best handling but im keen to get improved ride height (sump welded after only 2 days of ownership !) and far too many speed bumps in Thornton Heath !

Plus the HPC wheels do look good !

I take it they will go straight on to a 89 De Dion (1700 Supersprint) ?

(should probably reserve that for techtalk !)

Dear Matt,

I believe that the wheels will fit, but it is best you check first. The only thing that does worry me is that I am told the diameter of 16" wheel and low profile tyre is the same as the combination of 13" wheel with high profile tyre. The tyres are 205/45 R16 . It would be worth checking this to make sure that you do have improved ground clearance. It would be awful to get them and then find you don't. I am in no hurry at all.

Regards,

Paul

Excellent link ! Thanks Manx Cooper

185/60-14 4.4 in 11.4 in 22.7 in 71.4 in 887 / mile N/A

205/45-16 3.6 in 11.6 in 23.3 in 73.1 in 867 / mile 2.3%

Calculations above, am currently on 14 inch revolutions with 185/60 Firestones

I would take the results as meaning I would gain some height with the 16's

even with the lower profile rubber ?

• Leadership Team

The 16s tend to be a slightly bigger overall diameter than the various other setups for the 7, although not by much. Generally, the speedo will still read slightly high, even with 16" wheels, but closer than the usual wild guess it makes when running a diameter as small as that of 185/60-13s. Unless using the very close fitting wing stays that are on some 7s, they should normally fit under the cycle wings, but the stays may need carefully bending inwards to clear the tyre wall - width is the issue rather than diameter. I managed to adjust the stays slightly to run 13s or 16s with ease. Once you fit HPC wheels you tend to find that the positioning of the cycle wings (width-ways) is a mile out - there's a massive tolerance when using small wheels. Best to re-position for the HPCs then it's possible to run any size.

Stu.