Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New to all this...

Rowly

Dear Sir or madam,

I have recently purchased a severn and am a bit dissapointed with the level of kit. Can you help me with the following:

1. I have just purchased and installed some nice leather seats from Ammo. Whilst we were talking he told me of a friend who had a "bin" seat which consists of a black bin liner containing foam and is thus v. light. I got to thinking...has anyone tried filling one of those Homer Simpson inflatable TV loungers with helium, thus negating the weight of the chair. I imagine with a little additional helium you could negate the weight of the driver....and maybe balloons...

2. What is the most effective air freshner. My wife thinks those cardboard trees are probably lightest.

3. Where do I put my bass box? I thought these cars were supposed to be fast.

4. Whats that funny smell?

5. Whats that funny noise?

6. My wife thinks that because the car is red, shines and has a long bonnet it resembles an extension. Where do I obtain the planning permission?

Many thanks.

P.S. I have come to you as you really know what you are talking about, unlike those Tech people who just ridicule me. *thumbup*

Owner of H979 FNH The Wombat

I doubt you need permision for your extention, because beyond a certain age it could be classed "a temporary erection".

P.S. Is your bass box the same one that sings"take me to the river" whenever one walks past?, it could be the early model where they used a real bass, and could be the cause of the noise and indeed the funny smell.

Hope this helps 😬

Happiness is like wetting yourself, other people can see it, but only you can truly feel the warmth!

Answers

1. Put it in the tyres too. For extra weight saving try Hydrogen it is only a quarter of the mass *thumbup*

2. Leaving the top down seems to work, but if you need to leave it up you could ask Alex for advice.

3. I usually carry my fish in a cool bag and there is plenty of room.

4. This may come from not using a cool bag (see answer 3)

5. Me making that funny smell and trying to blame the fish.

6. I believe you only need planning permission if what you plan to erect is larger than 25 percent of what you already have. A 7" may or may not fit this category *confused*

Windy

Red and Black 1.8K

I have attempted to perform the 24% x 3 extension manouvre but to no avail. I would need to increase this considerably....However I have been fettling my new mota (changing the instrument bulbs from 3w to 4w, painting the 7 on the grill red to match the car, polishing and carressing etc.) My wife thinks that once again I have become obsessed and 🙆🏻 retentive....What could she mean? *confused*

Owner of H979 FNH The Wombat

1. I 'm halfway there - I look a lot like Homer Simpson but cant say the car goes any faster when i'm in it 😳. As yet i've not tried driving with 2 lungs full of helium but I will give it a go and report back later

2. Nose plugs are even lighter, you wont have to worry if the air is fresh then either

3. Get a sardine box - they are a lot smaller

4. See 2 above. I cant smell anything...

5. That will be the screams from the passenger

6. According to my local planning office if the bonnet area is less than 30 square metres you dont need permission unless you have already extended it. Exactly how big a 7 do you have ? *confused*

😬

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport