Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ready, Steady ... Cook my supper

Violet Elizabeth

Mediterranean-stylke lamb sausage omelette - add some rosemary and/or oregano, some chopped onion, garlic, tomato or peppers if you have them. Cut the sausages up into chunks, fry and with the other stuff and then add the egg.

Voila.

Then throw in the bin and go and get a takeaway.

Sausage Casserole and mash.

Put oven on 180c - sorry haven't got gas.

Fry sausages in 2oz of butter for 20 mins (until brown) - use large roasting dish type thing.

Take sausages out and fry two chopped onions in the butter/ sausage fat for 10 to 15 mins then add 300ml of veg stock, glass of wine, teaspoon of mustard, mixed herbs, 3 bay leafs, tomato puree, couple of crushed juniper berries, tablespoon of plain flour. Bring to boil and put sausages back in. Pop in oven for 30 mins - regularly turning sausages. If gravy/ juice is too thick add a bit of boiling water.

Make mash potatoes while waiting.

Serve and enjoy - or buy a packet mix and be lazy.

Pick up the phone and dial a takeaway. You'll only chuff up the cooking bit and get pissed off with yourself, sit like a small child in the middle of the kitchen and cry. Then you'll pick up the phone for a takeaway. Save yourself the aggro and call first.

(this does happen to other people, doesn't it?)

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Sprinkle lamb sossies with cumin seeds and grill gently so they don't burst their skins - no need for butter, they'll make their own fat 😳

Mix lemon, olive oil, cumin powder, crushed garlic, harissa paste and a little red wine in a saucepan and gently reduce to half quantity. Season with freshly milled mixed peppercorns and fleur de sel. Adjust seasonings as necessary.

Boil potatoes and mash with the butter you didn't put in with the sossiges. Add a little milk and seasonings. Chop up a few spring onions and throw them in. Mix well.

Put mash on the plate. Make a big hole in the centre. Place sossiges in hole. Pour over jus of lemony-garlicy-cuminy stuff.

EAT

FH *cool*

They don't do delivery take-aways in these parts ☹️ We tried to call Domino's in Dorking once, but the driver got lost and went home again *mad*

Thanks all .... am V. hungry now 😬

Particularly the fact the most receipes seem to have a "little red wine" .... leaving the rest of the bockle for me and Mrs N.

Edited by - Noger on 21 Oct 2003 17:44:25